Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop on my sgh-i337m with rom stock (Telcel)

Tip us?

lince_0011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bootloop on my sgh-i337m with rom stock (Telcel)

Hello to all the community ..
I'm desperate with my cell phone, I have a galaxy s4 (sgh-I337m) and stopped working today ..
I had the cell phone connected to the charger, when the battery finished charging disconnect the cable and cell phone was shut down automatically.

Try to turn on the phone again, but I get into a bootloop, samsuns logo appears and restarts again ..
I searched a lot about the problem, all posts recommend entering the recovery and make the respective wipes, but in my case I can not do that, the phone does not go into recovery mode.

The download mode works perfectly.

With odin flashie the last official firmware for my cell phone, the installation is correct and odin did not mark any error, but the phone still with the same problem again and can not enter the recovery mode, but can enter download mode .. .

Also try installing a custom recovery, but again can not go into recovery mode.

Any solution for this?

PD: Sorry for my English ..

Rytiou
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well I'm not sure if you've tried these yet but I'll give it a shot. If you're on 4.2 / 4.2.2 I would look at this thread. If you're on 4.3 I'd look at this thread. It should resolve your bootloop / brick issues from occuring in the future if it ever happens again. Hope this helped you out somewhat.

MrKhozam
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytiou View Post
Well I'm not sure if you've tried these yet but I'll give it a shot. If you're on 4.2 / 4.2.2 I would look at this thread. If you're on 4.3 I'd look at this thread. It should resolve your bootloop / brick issues from occuring in the future if it ever happens again. Hope this helped you out somewhat.
He's using a Canadian S4, not AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lince_0011 View Post
Hello to all the community ..
I'm desperate with my cell phone, I have a galaxy s4 (sgh-I337m) and stopped working today ..
I had the cell phone connected to the charger, when the battery finished charging disconnect the cable and cell phone was shut down automatically.

Try to turn on the phone again, but I get into a bootloop, samsuns logo appears and restarts again ..
I searched a lot about the problem, all posts recommend entering the recovery and make the respective wipes, but in my case I can not do that, the phone does not go into recovery mode.

The download mode works perfectly.

With odin flashie the last official firmware for my cell phone, the installation is correct and odin did not mark any error, but the phone still with the same problem again and can not enter the recovery mode, but can enter download mode .. .

Also try installing a custom recovery, but again can not go into recovery mode.

Any solution for this?

PD: Sorry for my English ..
It does seem like you've tried everything. However, try this: unplug your phone and try to enter recovery mode by pressing the power button and volume up button simultaneously until you see "Booting recovery..." in blue at the top left when the screen turns on. Once you see that, release the buttons IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes the phone reboots in normal mode if you try to boot into recovery mode with the phone plugged in.
Phone: Bell Galaxy S4 i337M [Unlocked, AWS Modded, Rooted]
ROM: danvdh's GPE 4.4.4
Kernel: Alucard v1.7f for GE
Modem: NE3

Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 [Unlocked, Rooted]
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.0.0
Kernel: Stock CM
Modem: MD5

On a Touchwiz ROM and hate Samsung's Settings app layout? Wanna have it in list format like on AOSP? Check out this simple tweak.

lince_0011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for responding.
My cell phone can not enter the recovery.
Booting recovery appears blue, but the phone rebooted again.

What else can I try to fix the error?

lince_0011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please i need help..
I don't know what else can do

azuziel
Old
(Last edited by azuziel; 15th February 2014 at 04:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Thanks for responding.
My cell phone can not enter the recovery.
Booting recovery appears blue, but the phone rebooted again.

What else can I try to fix the error?
ill help. one sec

edit

I also have gs4 I337m. important to note that flashing a custom recovery will trip knox, and void the warranty. when you bootbinto download mode, look for knox lines. good is 0x0, warranty void is 0x1.

download jellybean 4.3 from Samsung-updates.com. be sure to use the region code for your carrier.

perform a factory wipe before starting via stock recovery. use odin and make sure to copy any .ini files included in the stock firmware to your odin folder before flashing. this is important step, if.ini file exists. overwrite if you have another ini file from a previous package already in odin.

use pda button to browse to extracted package. img file and be sure to tick *only* auto reboot and f reset flags.

flash. once successful, boot back into stock recovery and perform another factory reset. this is important to clear any left over munged up sys and usr data.

if all of this still fails, use kies3 and the emergency recovery option. wizard based and will also flash back to factory if odin isnt writing. make sure you have the latest samsung drivers before starting, and make sure you use another usb cable other than the one you've been bad flashing with. use another computer if possible, or at least another usb port to rule out bad cable/usb port.

barring all of that, you can use an unbrick package. i have the files to load via adt if needed. i just ran the script to produce the unbrick files, script isnt mine, from another xda dev.

of you arent comfortable using adt, then find your local best buy, they will repair for free most cases, small nominal fee for tripped knox flags or other carriers.

message me for the unbrick files if you need them. via pm. i wont dump them here.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

lince_0011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuziel View Post
ill help. one sec

Sent from my SGH-I337M
ok am waiting

azuziel
Old
Thanks Meter 71
ping, see edit

Sent from my SGH-I337M

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

oh, and remove kies when flashing with odin. i would uninstall entirely, and also remove the usb drivers, and install latest from Samsung/attaching phone after uninstall from device manager. if u have questions, just ask. kies will interfere with odin, its happened to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

batolito
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default pregunta

Quote:
ok am waiting
Que tal Lince soy de chihuahua tambien y tengo el mismo problema, vi en htcmania que lograste solucionarlo que te paso ahora?