Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Groupon deal. 2014 Note for $389

OP toanau

7th February 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #51  
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 411

891 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628

So P605 cant be registered? I tried and everytime I put the Wifi MAC address and serial, it says that it doesnt match.

Are you using spaces or colons when putting in the MAC address?
7th February 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #52  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,279

8,817 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628

So P605 cant be registered? I tried and everytime I put the Wifi MAC address and serial, it says that it doesnt match.

It's a U.S. promotion and you have non-U.S. N10.1-14. It accepted my SM-P601 from Latin America and I got the perks e-mail but the $50 Samsung credit was shown as "invalid" but the other offers (including Google) were there. So they're reading something on the back end.
8th February 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

Are you using spaces or colons when putting in the MAC address?

No I'm not.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
8th February 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #54  
Flag Newark, NJ
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
More
I bought a Black 16GB one and it's fantastic! I saw something about the 50GB of Dropbox storage but I accidentally skipped over it It's a damn good tablet, though. So worth the money.
12th February 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 3

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbburg26

Mine came in today and it looks perfect. From the shipping tracking on UPS, its been sitting in NJ since October 16. I doubt anything was wrong with them to be refurbished. Probably just returned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How did you find that information? I can't seem to find it in mine. Thanks!
15th February 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #56  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 16

21 posts
The shipper is reusing tracking numbers from last October, so you can ignore messages from then.

For Dropbox, just open the app on the tablet (it's in the Galaxy Plus group in the app drawer) and sign up. You'll get the standard 2GB but you'll get an e-mail a few minutes later titled "Claim your 48 GB of free Dropbox space!" Follow the link from it.

You have to complete at least 5 of the activities listed, but two are given-- you already have it on a mobile device, and you already have files in it (you get a welcome to Dropbox pdf). I flipped through the getting started guide, added Dropbox to my desktop, and "shared" a new folder with an alternate e-mail address of mine. I got the total of 50GB right after that.
16th February 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Edit: I was unable to register for perks for a good while because samsung customer service and forums kept telling me to get the serial from either the packaging or a sticker on the back of the note, but mine had neither (a blank space next to "serial number: " on the box and a sticker with an invalid number on the Note itself). Further confusing me was an image with a different, also useless serial number listed. After nearly giving up, I found a comment on groupon to peel off the sticker and find a working RF serial underneath, which finally worked. And to think, the Samsung rep on the phone had so quickly given up on me and told me that I would get no perks.
Last edited by jerrys0828; 16th February 2014 at 06:03 AM.
18th February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 24

17 posts
Already registered
Got my new tablet and love it but when I go to register for the perks it tells me "already registered". Anyone else have this happen and then successfully register by calling or other avenue?
18th February 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 20

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeems

Got my new tablet and love it but when I go to register for the perks it tells me "already registered". Anyone else have this happen and then successfully register by calling or other avenue?

If you call, you can probably get them to email you the perks. Several other members had success calling when they could not register theirs. You may have to call more than once to get the right person who can help you.

Also make sure you are using the the RF######### serial number on the box or back of the tablet.
18th February 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 24

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdad09

If you call, you can probably get them to email you the perks. Several other members had success calling when they could not register theirs. You may have to call more than once to get the right person who can help you.

Also make sure you are using the the RF######### serial number on the box or back of the tablet.

Cool I'll give it a shot. Certainly can't hurt. I did use the RF number. At first I had it mistyped and it said the serial and mac address did not match. Then when I got both right it said "already registered". Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread