Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help Troubleshooting

Tip us?
 
John.Spence1
Old
(Last edited by John.Spence1; 18th February 2014 at 03:06 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Need Help Troubleshooting

Okay, so here is my issue. I returned to stock, downloaded network update, it rebooted my phone, and did the update. Phone went to reboot again, and was hung up on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. After about an half an hour I pulled the battery, and tried to reboot. Same thing. I rebooted into Download mode and flashed the stock .tar file as described in this thread. The Odin flash goes great and the phone reboots when it is done. Then it just sits on the Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. Never goes past it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? Any help is much appreciated. I have tried to search the forums for an answer, but I could not find anything that matched my issue.
John
 
dicksteele
Old
#2  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Spence1 View Post
Okay, so here is my issue. I returned to stock, downloaded network update, it rebooted my phone, and did the update. Phone went to reboot again, and was hung up on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. After about an half an hour I pulled the battery, and tried to reboot. Same thing. I rebooted into Download mode and flashed the stock .tar file as described in this thread. The Odin flash goes great and the phone reboots when it is done. Then it just sits on the Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. Never goes past it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? Any help is much appreciated. I have tried to search the forums for an answer, but I could not find anything that matched my issue.
John
Need more info.....

Return to which stock ??

Have you seen this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
John.Spence1
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
As of know, any stock would be better then what I have. I would like to return to the stock rom that came with the phone. I believe it is the J2 one. I am going to try that thread that you mentioned, and see if I can get anywhere. If that does not work, I think I might this thread here. Thanks for the reply...
 
dicksteele
Old
(Last edited by dicksteele; 19th February 2014 at 04:00 AM.)
#4  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Spence1 View Post
As of know, any stock would be better then what I have. I would like to return to the stock rom that came with the phone. I believe it is the J2 one. I am going to try that thread that you mentioned, and see if I can get anywhere. If that does not work, I think I might this thread here. Thanks for the reply...
Sounds good. The first link should do you. The J2 will be the 4.1.1. Following the guide you can OTA to 4.1.2.

Holler if you need help.

EDIT:::: I just did the ODIN to LJ2, booted perfectly. OTA to MH3 4.1.2 worked great.

This step is mandatory !!

There a step that need to be done to get the install to complete successfully for the i317UCAMH3 OTA.


- Download from http://d-h.st/CDK
I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip
- Extract the .zip file to get to I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5
- Put your Note 2 in Download Mode.
Entering download mode is very simple. First you will need to turn off your device. Once itís off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up. Once youíre there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.
Open ODIN and place the I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5 file in PDA and flash.

Phone will now boot into i317UCAMH3.
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
 
John.Spence1
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
So I guess the issue was that I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1, and my phone didn't like it. Flashed the prama and tz file. It rebooted and went straight into 4.1.1 with no issues... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app
 
dicksteele
Old
#6  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1161
Posts: 2,072
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Spence1 View Post
So I guess the issue was that I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1, and my phone didn't like it. Flashed the prama and tz file. It rebooted and went straight into 4.1.1 with no issues... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app
Excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...