5,605,904 Members 47,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Complete Uninstall (ACME2) Now what is best to Install?

Tip us?

CSouthwick
Old
(Last edited by CSouthwick; 10th February 2014 at 03:36 PM.) Reason: Spelling and grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Complete Uninstall (ACME2) Now what is best to Install?

Hello,

I did a complete uninstall with ACMEUniinstaller2. Now I'd like to reinstall android but which version? I think I was on CM 10.1. Then I tried installing Evervolv and screwed things up a big and decided to just start from scratch. I was hoping to go straight to CM 11 but it looks like that's impossible. I think what I need to do is install some earlier version of Andoid, use Tailor in WebOS to fix the partitions, and then install CM 11.

Do I have that right?

Any other advice, thoughts, or ideas?

Thank you.

guxu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You can go straight to CM 11. I never flashed any Android ROM to my touchpad other than CM 11.

hanly2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
You can go straight to CM 11. I never flashed any Android ROM to my touchpad other than CM 11.
Does wifi stay on in cm11

guxu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
Does wifi stay on in cm11
I have not seen any problem.

CSouthwick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
I'm having a little truobe. Tried ACME5 and bout it just reboots back to recovery. Any ideas?

guxu
Old
(Last edited by guxu; 19th February 2014 at 04:11 PM.) Reason: add more info
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSouthwick View Post
I'm having a little truobe. Tried ACME5 and bout it just reboots back to recovery. Any ideas?
That's the exact problem I had before. The latest CM11 (I am using milaq's) can NOT be installed by ACME5. You have to use recovery manager to install it. Since you already have the recovery manager installed, now you just need to load the CM11 and gapps zip files to a location where the recovery manager can access.

It sounds easy but it is not. CWM cannot access the WebOS cm_install/ folder. I had to use adb sideload to load those files. So you have to install the lastest Android SDK on your PC since old adb may not support sideload. Windows 7 does not have the driver for touchpad either. So you have to manually install the driver from the SDK too. But once you go through all of these, everything should work, and you do not have to do that again.

Here are my steps,

1. Run acmeuninstaller2. The touchpad should have WebOS only. No Android partition should be left.
2. Create cm_install folder and only copy moboot and CWM to it. No point to copy CM11 rom since it will fail in step 3 anyway.
3. Run ACME5. It will install moboot and CWM only.
4. Boot touchpad back to WebOS. Run tailor to resize patitions.
5. Boot touchpad to CWM
6. Connect USB cable.
7. If your PC does not have the latest Android SDK or cannot find the driver for touchpad, install Android SDK now.
8. On touchpad, select "adb sideload"
9. On PC, run "adb sideload cm11" and "adb sideload gapp"
10. Reboot touchpad. Now you should have cm11 installed.
11. If desire, change the default boot to cm11 by creating/editing moboot.default file.
The Following User Says Thank You to guxu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CSouthwick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much. That did it. I was prepared to start at step #1 but I realized I had already done steps 1-8. What I did wrong was to try to flash CM 11 + GAPPS via recovery instead of sideloading. This time I sideloaded the two files and the touchpad is ready to go with my partitions set right.