[Q] Lost 3G on 900mhz band after bootloader unlock

Search This thread

Jhonrex

Apr 7, 2013
I'm from Venezuela, I have an HTC M7 bought one used internationally released version, here in Venezuela there are three operators, movilnet, digitel and movistar, the phone uses 3g in the 3 operators. A few days ago I start to unlock the bootloader and change the recovery installing ClockworkMod, up here all right, install as I say forums and tutorials, restarting the phone all the same, but when looking for networks I listed 3 operators. Movistar 2G and 3G, 2G and 3G movilnet, DIGITEL 2G and 3G does not appear the digitel ..... got lost, Will unlocking bootloader made ​​me lose 3g? and no apn settings or the network just stopped recognizing the cel 3g digitel which is 900 mhz .... I appreciate your help and solution

NOTE: I commented that I install original RUU of m7 u_l and the phone stay as factory, but the 3g on the 900 mhz it is not taking that could have happened to the equipment, if the grab 3g 3 operators?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I'm from Venezuela, I have an HTC M7 bought one used internationally released version, here in Venezuela there are three operators, movilnet, digitel and movistar, the phone uses 3g in the 3 operators. A few days ago I start to unlock the bootloader and change the recovery installing ClockworkMod, up here all right, install as I say forums and tutorials, restarting the phone all the same, but when looking for networks I listed 3 operators. Movistar 2G and 3G, 2G and 3G movilnet, DIGITEL 2G and 3G does not appear the digitel ..... got lost, Will unlocking bootloader made ​​me lose 3g? and no apn settings or the network just stopped recognizing the cel 3g digitel which is 900 mhz .... I appreciate your help and solution

NOTE: I commented that I install original RUU of m7 u_l and the phone stay as factory, but the 3g on the 900 mhz it is not taking that could have happened to the equipment, if the grab 3g 3 operators?

Fist dial *#*#4636#*#* to open the test menu of your phone. Select ''phone info'' tab and make sure preferred networkd type is set to ''GMS/WCDMA/LTE auto''. Then check if your apn match your operator information. You can delete and create a new apn if needed.

Jhonrex

Apr 7, 2013
Fist dial *#*#4636#*#* to open the test menu of your phone. Select ''phone info'' tab and make sure preferred networkd type is set to ''GMS/WCDMA/LTE auto''. Then check if your apn match your operator information. You can delete and create a new apn if needed.

I had already tried that, but still does not work me. What else do you recommend I do?

edulaffont

Apr 14, 2011
Caracas
let me see

I had already tried that, but still does not work me. What else do you recommend I do?

ok let me see i'm from venezuela too and i haven't that problem, i'm s-off, unlocked bootloader, and hboot 1.55, which one is your HTC ONE version? m7_ul or m7_u? u unlocked ur bootloader with htcdev?, do you flash a custom rom?

Last edited:

Jhonrex

Apr 7, 2013
ok let me see i'm from venezuela too and i haven't that problem, i'm s-off, unlocked bootloader, and hboot 1.55, which one is your HTC ONE version? m7_ul or m7_u? u unlocked ur bootloader with htcdev?, do you flash a custom rom?

I have the HTC One M7_ul, the bootloader is unlocked (with htc dev) and... Yes... I flash a custom rom

edulaffont

Apr 14, 2011
Caracas
m7_ul

I have the HTC One M7_ul, the bootloader is unlocked (with htc dev) and... Yes... I flash a custom rom

M7_ul is lte versión most probably is that phone is a at&t unlocked versión trust me i'm sure if u bought thru mercadolibre.com and that versión doesn't support 3g/3.5g digitel band with a custom or a stock ROM will be The same, i buyed The m7_u factory unlocked cuz' that

Reactions: fredd24

Jhonrex

Apr 7, 2013
M7_ul is lte versión most probably is that phone is a at&t unlocked versión trust me i'm sure if u bought thru mercadolibre.com and that versión doesn't support 3g/3.5g digitel band with a custom or a stock ROM will be The same, i buyed The m7_u factory unlocked cuz' that

Hi, the phone is m7 ul bought at amazon, 802e, is Lte and worked in 900

Little Snevil

Jan 26, 2014
Maturin
Please, help.

Hi everyone, i'm the OP of the post.

i'm waking this old thread because... I didn't solve the problem yet.

Anyone can help me? How the 900 Mhz frequency has lost after unlocking bootloader? Please help guys... it's frustrating can't use a fast internet in the phone. Thanks in advance...

alray

May 22, 2012
Hi everyone, i'm the OP of the post.
So why are you using 2 different accounts on xda?

14. Create only ONE User Account

You are allowed ONE User Account at XDA-Developers. If you create additional accounts, Moderators will disable them and your original account may also be disabled or infracted.
http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

If you are really the OP of this thread, this mean you were using 2 different accounts at the same time for at least 3 months

Little Snevil joined xda Feb 11, 2014
Jhonrex's last posted May 22, 2014

Little Snevil

Jan 26, 2014
Maturin
So why are you using 2 different accounts on xda?

http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

If you are really the OP of this thread, this mean you were using 2 different accounts at the same time for at least 3 months

Little Snevil joined xda Feb 11, 2014
Jhonrex's last posted May 22, 2014

Yes, I know, but that account is an account of a friend who did me the favor of posting the problem when I could not. The account is not mine, the case of the problem, yes.

alray

May 22, 2012
Yes, I know, but that account is an account of a friend who did me the favor of posting the problem when I could not. The account is not mine, the case of the problem, yes.

ok I understand

so you said you lost 3g after unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom rom? Have you tried to restore the phone back to stock?

can you post the output of "fastboot getvar all" minus your IMEI and SERIALNO please

Last edited:

Little Snevil

Jan 26, 2014
Maturin
ok I understand

so you said you lost 3g after unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom rom? Have you tried to restore the phone back to stock?

After unlocking the bootloader only, after that I realized I had lost the 900 Mhz band, then I changed the ROM to see if it solved, and nothing, I changed Radios, and nothing, I used several Ruu's, and nothing. I'm stuck on this.

I tried to lock the bootloader again, and it said "Relocked", that not solve my problem, so that i'm looking to set this on "Locked", to see if a miracle occurs.

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
After unlocking the bootloader only, after that I realized I had lost the 900 Ghz band, then I changed the ROM to see if it solved, and nothing, I changed Radios, and nothing, I used several Ruu's, and nothing. I'm stuck on this.

I tried to lock the bootloader again, and it said "Relocked", that not solve my problem, so that i'm looking to set this on "Locked", to see if a miracle occurs.

unlocking the bootloader will not disable radio bands are you sure you were getting 3g from that carrier before you have unlocked the bootloader? Are you sure your carrier frequencies are compatible with the M7?

see above post (edited) waiting for you getvar

Little Snevil

Jan 26, 2014
Maturin
unlocking the bootloader will not disable radio bands are you sure you were getting 3g from that carrier before you have unlocked the bootloader? Are you sure your carrier frequencies are compatible with the M7?

see above post (edited) waiting for you getvar

I am quite sure! Before unlocking the bootloader was 4 months with my phone and I used to have 3G (OH +) with my carrier.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

waiting for you getvar

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
version-baseband: 4T.29.3218.08
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 6.09.401.5
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__304
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4009mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-6d8a0b9b
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

Here is.

alray

May 22, 2012
I am quite sure! Before unlocking the bootloader was 4 months with my phone and I used to have 3G (OH +) with my carrier.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
version-baseband: 4T.29.3218.08
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 6.09.401.5
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__304
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4009mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-6d8a0b9b
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

Here is.

what are your carrier frequencies?

Little Snevil

Jan 26, 2014
Maturin
900/1800 Mhz should be supported, I dont know why but your issue is not related to an unlocked bootloader I'm 100% sure.

What is your apn?

My Apn are ok, is the same as it was before the problem.

So if the issue is not the bootloader, What caused the problem? Any hardware failure?

There any method you can recommend me to take?

alray

May 22, 2012
My Apn are ok, is the same as it was before the problem.
If you don't want to share what is your apn, I can't help you more.

So if the issue is not the bootloader, What caused the problem? Any hardware failure?
Maybe, I don't think so.

There any method you can recommend me to take?
Go to your carrier and check with them that your device is set correctly to work on their network. You should also try different radio versions.

good luck

Reactions: Little Snevil

Little Snevil

Jan 26, 2014
Maturin
APN

If you don't want to share what is your apn, I can't help you more.

Here's my APN:
Name: Digitel WEB
APN: gprsweb.digitel.ve
Proxy: Not defined
Port: Nor defined
User name: Not defined
Password: Not defined
Server: Not defined
MMSC: Not defined
Proxy MMS: Not Defined
Port MMS: Not defined
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 734
MNC: 02
Authentication Type: Not defined
APN Type: default, hipri, dun, supl
Connection type: unspecified

Sorry for not answering right away, and thanks for your interest.

Top Liked Posts