[Q] Pros and cons of Sprint S4

OP linuxtad

16th February 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
More
Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it greatly! I currently have the S4 and can say that it does indeed survive a fall (not more than 10 feet outside the Sprint door). I have it rooted and am enjoying the speed (both LTE and CPU) gains I have made with the upgrade.

One thing I never gave a single thought about was the dedicated button, depending on how you hold your phone, it can be a pita to actuate! I may go against the status quo, but I really like the soft keys of the S2 and the more centered back button of the S2. Time will tell, and those are some trivial things, but some very often used items.

For those interested I used Saferoot, and ran it twice in order to get busy box installed. I must have toggled a security setting "Verify Apps" as it blocked the install on the first attempt. Phone came with 4.3 MK5 installed and I honestly couldn't tell you how the battery is as I have had my hands on it non-stop. I much prefer the older Samsung charge/USB cords, the new ones are extremely stiff. I forseee more charge port problems
16th February 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #12  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,674

8,313 posts
More
The home button isn't hard to reach if you've got real man hands. Haha I'm just kidding. But the stiff charger will loosen up the more you use it. I'm able to roll it up and throw it into my front picket with no problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
More
lol, my man hands have failed me, remember - I dropped my phone already haha! Also, I briefly read about the info concerning tri-band phones and had no idea that the S4 had the T variant. I wondered what the spark video was when I booted up my phone and thought they were going to tease me for 2 years until I am eligible for another upgrade

I officially have the SPH-L720T

/me makes mental note for rom selection
18th February 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

60 posts
I recommend it! I just upgraded today from my Red HTC One and damn it's blazing fast!!! I'm running the latest S4 with the Spark LTE bands on it and it makes the phone stand out at how quick it loads videos, pages, anything! Get it.
18th February 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #15  
Flag Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 332

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudeh

I recommend it! I just upgraded today from my Red HTC One and damn it's blazing fast!!! I'm running the latest S4 with the Spark LTE bands on it and it makes the phone stand out at how quick it loads videos, pages, anything! Get it.

Fortunate to get the tri band that is a soft spot for me because of Sprint pushing the S4's so much only to release tri band and Spark. I could of held off a while to get it verses jumping early for the S4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread