Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

OP lunchmeat78

14th February 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I looked everywhere and cannot even come up a guess to my issue. I have an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2, but switched carriers to AT&T and now having weird issues with the phone. I changed the APN settings, but I still get network drops during phone calls and syncing issues with phone numbers.

The phone will randomly drop a call and not be able to call back for about 5 minutes. I am not a noob and I can usually troubleshoot my own issues. Oh yeah, the phone was working fine on T-Mobile and only started the issues when I put a fresh AT&T sim card in it. It doesn't happen all the time either. I could go a week no problem, then three or four days with issues.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks a ton
18th February 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #2  
Oxnard, Ca
Thanks Meter: 114

865 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat78

I looked everywhere and cannot even come up a guess to my issue. I have an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2, but switched carriers to AT&T and now having weird issues with the phone. I changed the APN settings, but I still get network drops during phone calls and syncing issues with phone numbers.

The phone will randomly drop a call and not be able to call back for about 5 minutes. I am not a noob and I can usually troubleshoot my own issues. Oh yeah, the phone was working fine on T-Mobile and only started the issues when I put a fresh AT&T sim card in it. It doesn't happen all the time either. I could go a week no problem, then three or four days with issues.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks a ton

I have two TMobile Note 2s that work just fine on ATT. No dropped calls and data works fine. LTE reception seems a little lacking but other than that it's fine.
18th February 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 454

557 posts
Try a new SIM.

How long have you been on AT&T? Post paid or a MVNO?
18th February 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo21

Try a new SIM.

How long have you been on AT&T? Post paid or a MVNO?

It's actually my sister who has the phone now. I was using it on T-mobile with no issues. I gave it to her, then it started having these problems. Goes to and she gets a brand new at&t sim, still doesn't fix the issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, galaxy, note 2, t-mobile, unlocked
Previous Thread Next Thread