XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

Tip us?

lunchmeat78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T

I looked everywhere and cannot even come up a guess to my issue. I have an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2, but switched carriers to AT&T and now having weird issues with the phone. I changed the APN settings, but I still get network drops during phone calls and syncing issues with phone numbers.

The phone will randomly drop a call and not be able to call back for about 5 minutes. I am not a noob and I can usually troubleshoot my own issues. Oh yeah, the phone was working fine on T-Mobile and only started the issues when I put a fresh AT&T sim card in it. It doesn't happen all the time either. I could go a week no problem, then three or four days with issues.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks a ton

gedster314
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat78 View Post
I looked everywhere and cannot even come up a guess to my issue. I have an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2, but switched carriers to AT&T and now having weird issues with the phone. I changed the APN settings, but I still get network drops during phone calls and syncing issues with phone numbers.

The phone will randomly drop a call and not be able to call back for about 5 minutes. I am not a noob and I can usually troubleshoot my own issues. Oh yeah, the phone was working fine on T-Mobile and only started the issues when I put a fresh AT&T sim card in it. It doesn't happen all the time either. I could go a week no problem, then three or four days with issues.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks a ton
I have two TMobile Note 2s that work just fine on ATT. No dropped calls and data works fine. LTE reception seems a little lacking but other than that it's fine.

kozmo21
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Try a new SIM.

How long have you been on AT&T? Post paid or a MVNO?

lunchmeat78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo21 View Post
Try a new SIM.

How long have you been on AT&T? Post paid or a MVNO?
It's actually my sister who has the phone now. I was using it on T-mobile with no issues. I gave it to her, then it started having these problems. Goes to and she gets a brand new at&t sim, still doesn't fix the issues.
Tags
at&t, galaxy, note 2, t-mobile, unlocked