5,595,645 Members 45,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T Store Release?

Tip us?
 
AndroidUser00110001
Old
#31  
AndroidUser00110001's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3595
Posts: 2,642
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147aaron View Post
I was thinking about doing that also. But I ended up asking myself - what exactly can they do more to this phone other than software addon's with the next version? Even with the next LG G3. Hardware is great on both devices. I mean really the only thing they could do with the flex is make it a 1080p with the next version. But I'm not bothered with all that. After my friend getting the G2, It made me what the Flex.

Just figured I would give you some of my insight towards this because I was thinking like you a couple days ago, and now im just a couple hours away from getting the phone lol
If the store by me has it then I am picking it up today unless something about it turns me off. I want to see if 720 makes a difference. I have a G2 now but like the curve in Flex.

I'll make a clean stock ROM from another version without ICQ and then try to get a recovery on if it has not been done yet. Will also try to get CM on it. I can build both for G2 so Flex should not me much different.
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!
 
mr pnut
Old
(Last edited by mr pnut; 6th February 2014 at 07:00 PM.)
#32  
mr pnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 336
Posts: 913
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: CALI

 
DONATE TO ME
Ay guys join my community on g + as lets show off our screenshots.its called lg g flex homescreen shots.




Sent from my Enormous G Flex.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr pnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
147aaron
Old
#33  
147aaron's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 71
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUser00110001 View Post
If the store by me has it then I am picking it up today unless something about it turns me off. I want to see if 720 makes a difference. I have a G2 now but like the curve in Flex.

I'll make a clean stock ROM from another version without ICQ and then try to get a recovery on if it has not been done yet. Will also try to get CM on it. I can build both for G2 so Flex should not me much different.
I wish I checked the phone out in person. I ended up returning it all of a couple hours after receiving it in the mail. The dark's on the screen have this sandpaper look to it. It honestly made me look at it as a cheap device. I ended up figuring out that if you turn the brightness all the way up it looks a lot better. But that would obviously be a huge battery drain. Other than that issue the phone wasn't bad. And I love putting CM on whatever device I can.

Currently using -

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900A)

Previous phones (No longer own) -

Android -
LG G FLEX (D950)
Sony Xperia Z (C6606)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy S
HTC One X
HTC Inspire 4G
Motorola Defy

Apple -
iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4S

Blackberry -
Storm 1

Windows -
Nokia Lumia 1520
 
gtamgs15
Old
#34  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DFW, Texaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147aaron View Post
I wish I checked the phone out in person. I ended up returning it all of a couple hours after receiving it in the mail. The dark's on the screen have this sandpaper look to it. It honestly made me look at it as a cheap device. I ended up figuring out that if you turn the brightness all the way up it looks a lot better. But that would obviously be a huge battery drain. Other than that issue the phone wasn't bad. And I love putting CM on whatever device I can.
From what I've heard, the even at max brightness, the battery is beastly.
 
sweets55
Old
#35  
sweets55's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 242
Posts: 1,486
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147aaron View Post
I wish I checked the phone out in person. I ended up returning it all of a couple hours after receiving it in the mail. The dark's on the screen have this sandpaper look to it. It honestly made me look at it as a cheap device. I ended up figuring out that if you turn the brightness all the way up it looks a lot better. But that would obviously be a huge battery drain. Other than that issue the phone wasn't bad. And I love putting CM on whatever device I can.
Damn after just 2hrs....I don't get why it would make it look cheap. The phone just was released so it's going to take some time for Roms but I'm thinking stock should be great like it is with the G2. I'm running Cloudy Flex Rom on my G2 now. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtamgs15 View Post
From what I've heard, the even at max brightness, the battery is beastly.
That's what I was thinking. I'm still impressed how LG managed to put a 3,000 mAh battery in the somewhat compact G2 form. I'm buying the Flex just for bigger battery and design.
https://zcggba10773.ting.com/ <<<<Free Month Service With Ting
 
ratchetjaw
Old
#36  
ratchetjaw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 895
Join Date: Jan 2009
Just got mine setup. The screen isn't the best looking even for 720p but I am getting adjusted to and it will work fine for me. Great phone so far

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
 
AndroidUser00110001
Old
#37  
AndroidUser00110001's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3595
Posts: 2,642
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC

 
DONATE TO ME
Yay!!! Finally got the Flex!

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!
 
alhadee12
Old
#38  
alhadee12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 320
Join Date: Sep 2013
I've been using it a couple of days now and its not that bad. I have 12 more to decide.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
Searching for the right device.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes