Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ReUse the NFC tag in the gear charger

Tip us?

sidhu.jaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ReUse the NFC tag in the gear charger

I downloaded the app NFC Writer from the play store and it let me blank the NFC tag on the cradle for my gear watch

Then I used the app Trigger to reprogram it. I figured I'll never need to pair it again now that I paired it to my phone and this way I can make it launch other programs and do other things instead. I have a sony bluetooth speaker with an NFC tag to pair it with my phone and I was able to do the same thing with it too!

I figured i would tell you guys since I'm sure you will think of really creative ways to use it

Sorry because I'm a new user xda won't let me post links to 3rd party sites so you'll have to search the apps yourself

willcor
Old
Thanks Meter 57
hi, just on a sidenote, every time you update Gear manager software, or the Gear watch Rom, (the best ) is that you either reset watch when you update(clean install) or just update you need the cradle to pair ! (yes, you can manually pair also, but it is i found this to be more of a hassle and takes more time) So keep this in mind.

note8.0 for xda

LampeMW
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How do you remove the NFC tag from the cradle?

Artimis
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu.jaz View Post
I downloaded the app NFC Writer from the play store and it let me blank the NFC tag on the cradle for my gear watch

Then I used the app Trigger to reprogram it. I figured I'll never need to pair it again now that I paired it to my phone and this way I can make it launch other programs and do other things instead. I have a sony bluetooth speaker with an NFC tag to pair it with my phone and I was able to do the same thing with it too!

I figured i would tell you guys since I'm sure you will think of really creative ways to use it

Sorry because I'm a new user xda won't let me post links to 3rd party sites so you'll have to search the apps yourself
You may be better off using NFC ReTag instead because you don't need to wipe the NFC tag in order to define actions. NFC ReTag simply lets you define the actions when an ID is read....you can disable the actions if you ever wanted to revert your setup.

All-in-all, you will get the same end result without having to erase/overwrite the tag in the cradle.