No registration required

[Q] Hangouts SMS with notifications on Gear

OP seanm33

17th February 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I really like the Google Hangouts as an SMS client, I also like the stock SMS notifications on my Gear. My problem is i wish to continue to utilize the Hangouts app for SMS while only receiving notifications from the stock app on my Gear. I know you can just enable Hangouts notifications via Gear Manager but when you receive multiple messages it collates them and loses content, in addition to not having the quick response capability. I've also tried the Disa.im messaging app. While this is cool I am not a huge fan and MMS is spotty on my Note 3. Thanks!
17th February 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag sydney
Thanks Meter: 462

992 posts
More
you can't do it. The gear relies on notifications from the phone.

1. if you turn off hangouts notifications for SMS, then you can get SMS client notifications, but you won't get hangouts for SMS on the phone

2. if you turn off SMS client notifications on the phone, then the Gear will never know to display the notification.

3. You could have hangouts AND the SMS client enabled on the phone, and only the SMS Client notifications enabled on the Gear, but then you'll have duplicate notifications on the phone, and you won't receive any non SMS hangouts notifications.

you can't win
The Following User Says Thank You to omniwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniwolf

you can't do it. The gear relies on notifications from the phone.

1. if you turn off hangouts notifications for SMS, then you can get SMS client notifications, but you won't get hangouts for SMS on the phone

2. if you turn off SMS client notifications on the phone, then the Gear will never know to display the notification.

3. You could have hangouts AND the SMS client enabled on the phone, and only the SMS Client notifications enabled on the Gear, but then you'll have duplicate notifications on the phone, and you won't receive any non SMS hangouts notifications.

you can't win

that blows... thanks for the response though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread