XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][JB] PAC-Man ROM for olympus

Tip us?

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
This ROM has two wifi drivers: bcmdhd and bcm4329. It might be related.

Anyway, even w/o wifi, this ROM with newest build of kernel is mega fluid and stable.
those are the two common wifi drivers for this device. And since they both were incorporated into the ROM, I included them in the kernel package. I mean if there are no problems with both of them present in the original ROM, I don't see a reason on why they would be a problem in the upgrade package. I'll try tweaking the package later on today and see if it just needs one or the other.

ASwagBoy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
those are the two common wifi drivers for this device. And since they both were incorporated into the ROM, I included them in the kernel package. I mean if there are no problems with both of them present in the original ROM, I don't see a reason on why they would be a problem in the upgrade package. I'll try tweaking the package later on today and see if it just needs one or the other.
Maybe if you change this line "wifi.interface=wlan0" on build.prop to "wifi.interface=eth0" wifi will work on other kernel.

metalci melek
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Still little laggy

MB860 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASwagBoy View Post
Maybe if you change this line "wifi.interface=wlan0" on build.prop to "wifi.interface=eth0" wifi will work on other kernel.
Maybe. I mean that kernel is the one just released by krystian, and he built the package for epinter's cm10.1 which does say wlan0, so idk, but I will give it a shot.

torque
Old
(Last edited by torque; 18th February 2014 at 06:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
I remember that in older kernels (epinter's source) we had problems with tethering. Tethering was a problem of module libraries. New kernels have bcmdhd (if I'm correct). So solution for compatibility with PAC is to change module for rom on new kernel. I don't know exactly if it's only kernel related OR it can be change somewhere in ROM to force use new kernel libs.
In Atrix We Trust.