Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question about rooting 4.3

OP andrew21

18th February 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Hello, i wish to root HTC One on 4.3...i know how to unlock the bootloader, just need to know which trwp to use for it and which SuperSU to use for it? I have twrp_2.6.3.3 and SuperSU_v1.86, are these ok or need to use another one....pls help.
Thanks
18th February 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
3,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

Hello, i wish to root HTC One on 4.3...i know how to unlock the bootloader, just need to know which trwp to use for it and which SuperSU to use for it? I have twrp_2.6.3.3 and SuperSU_v1.86, are these ok or need to use another one....pls help.
Thanks

flash latest twrp 2.6.6.3.

enter recovery then exit and you'll be prompted to install root. swipe to root and then download either SuperUser or SuperSU from google play store.
18th February 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

flash latest twrp 2.6.6.3.

enter recovery then exit and you'll be prompted to install root. swipe to root and then download either SuperUser or SuperSU from google play store.

I want to use adb to push SuperSU file to device.....can i use v1.86?
18th February 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,116
 
6,265 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

Hello, i wish to root HTC One on 4.3...i know how to unlock the bootloader, just need to know which trwp to use for it and which SuperSU to use for it? I have twrp_2.6.3.3 and SuperSU_v1.86, are these ok or need to use another one....pls help.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

flash latest twrp 2.6.6.3.

enter recovery then exit and you'll be prompted to install root. swipe to root and then download either SuperUser or SuperSU from google play store.

or http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=SuperSU

2nd one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

http://gyazo.com/6e6e0a939a3224f062970be9be01a256

--> CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
3,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

I want to use adb to push SuperSU file to device.....can i use v1.86?

push latest version 1.93 to /sdcard then install from twrp.

edit: use xda link above from nkk71
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

push latest version 1.93 to /sdcard then install from twrp.

edit: use xda link above from nkk71

Can i use 1.93 on HTC One 801e 4.3 also?
19th February 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #7  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,116
 
6,265 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

Can i use 1.93 on HTC One 801e 4.3 also?

Shouldnt be a problem. M7_U and M7_UL are identical except for missing LTE support/hardware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223236
19th February 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Shouldnt be a problem. M7_U and M7_UL are identical except for missing LTE support/hardware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223236

Are positively sure or u think so..? I dont want to brick my device.
19th February 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #9  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,116
 
6,265 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

Are positively sure or u think so..? I dont want to brick my device.

check the output of your "fastboot getvar all" (or your bootloader screen), if model is

product: m7_u or m7_ul

then yes I'm 100% sure, M7_U / UL (GSM) share everything (software wise), same custom recoveries, same ROMs, same firmware etc.


the ones that are an exception would be Sprint/Verizon (CDMA) or Dual SIM versions
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

check the output of your "fastboot getvar all" (or your bootloader screen), if model is

product: m7_u or m7_ul

then yes I'm 100% sure, M7_U / UL (GSM) share everything (software wise), same custom recoveries, same ROMs, same firmware etc.


the ones that are an exception would be Sprint/Verizon (CDMA) or Dual SIM versions

What is model number of Sprint/Verizon (CDMA) or Dual SIM versions ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes