Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After upgrade to 4.3, Stock email app using Zimbra Exchange and sending email problem

Tip us?

adelmundo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default After upgrade to 4.3, Stock email app using Zimbra Exchange and sending email problem

Another weird issue with the 4.3 upgrade I have is when sending an email through the stock email app (new, replies, or forwards), it never sends the email and just says "Retrieving account information..." Before the 4.3 upgrade, it worked fine. My company uses Zimbra. Checked all settings and it seems fine. This is with the stock email app. My coworker, who also has his Note 2 upgraded to 4.3 (also on Sprint) doesn't use the stock email app, but uses Touchdown and it is not affected and works fine with Touchdown. Before I do a data reset, has anyone figured this situation out?

My phone is stock and not rooted.

adelmundo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Update - For now I am using CloudMagic, which is a free email app, to send email. It's not bad works with Zimbra and EAS, and hey FREE. Will keep the stock app configured for now to at least read emails and to sync calendar and contacts, but will be using CloudMagic when I have to send email. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gic.mail&hl=en (no affiliation but it is a workaround)

sandesh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Resolution

1) Ask any user to send you an appointment

2) You will get the appointment on your device, accept the appointment and it will send an email in the backend which resolved this issue.

Let me know if this helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liszega
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandesh View Post
1) Ask any user to send you an appointment

2) You will get the appointment on your device, accept the appointment and it will send an email in the backend which resolved this issue.

Let me know if this helps.
Hello. I have also encountered this issue with my Outlook.com email account following the 4.3 update. I can confirm that Sandesh's solution with replying to an invitation has solved the problem for me. Thanks!

sidebandsamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same device but on Verizion, I also use Zimbra to access corporate account, as well as have the same problem as the OP. I can also confirm that I can confirm that Sandesh's solution worked for me. I was close to doing a factory reset. This was the only thread that suggested this solution.
Tags
4.3, email, exchange, zimbra