XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

which one is better?

Tip us?

tplnoor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tanx again

generally single sims have better development(i dont know about motorola).if its true on motorola.its more important than one sim more
in my country motorola havent eny office and the waranty isnt meaning here!
i think moto version will get updates as soon as the GPE got
so the motorola one sim looks better
thank you all

michalurban
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashut0sh View Post
>Dual vs Single: Dual SIM

Why?
Because you will have space for one extra SIM if some day you need it, no harm in having two slots while if you have only one you might need to buy a new phone just for an extra SIM.

>Google Play vs Moto Version: Google Play

Why?
You will get unlocked Boot loader with warranty which you loose out in Moto Version in case you unlock your Boot loader.
Its like they unlock the boot loader for you with the warranty intact.
This will allow you to play with different ROMs without loosing out your warranty.
For software support, Google ROM support will always be better than Motorola any day.
Further, in case of Hardware issues you shall be contacting Motorola in both cases so you aren't loosing out nothing
by buying a Google play edition.

Verdict: Dual SIM Google Play Edition

Edit: as mentioned by @jaspreet997

Such phone is not available and also I have checked up the same.

So then opt for Simple SIM GPE untill and unless a dual SIM is very very important to you.
Reading this I again realized how different we people are. Because I would vote for a single sim regular phone instead.
- Why single sim? Because of the fact there are much more roms supporting only the single sim variant. Of course there will be dual sim roms, but when? I dont know? If in a month, then thats good. If in six months, thats bad ... many of us dont usually keep devices like this more than a year and being without flashing half of the time - nope, thanks!
- Why regular? I like what (little) Ive heard abou F2FS. And I dont care about warranty - I already have no warranty for my phone because I screwed up the purchase ... but thats another story

So, my advice - unless you need dual sim (or are going to need it soon), get regular single-sim.

Or not, it doesnt really matter lol ...
My phones:
Moto G 16GB XT1032 - Cyanogenmod 11 (ROM: cm11-nightly)
Nexus S - Lent to a friend (ROM: replicant 4.x)

dgauze
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
Reading this I again realized how different we people are. Because I would vote for a single sim regular phone instead.
- Why single sim? Because of the fact there are much more roms supporting only the single sim variant. Of course there will be dual sim roms, but when? I dont know? If in a month, then thats good. If in six months, thats bad ... many of us dont usually keep devices like this more than a year and being without flashing half of the time - nope, thanks!
- Why regular? I like what (little) Ive heard abou F2FS. And I dont care about warranty - I already have no warranty for my phone because I screwed up the purchase ... but thats another story

So, my advice - unless you need dual sim (or are going to need it soon), get regular single-sim.

Or not, it doesnt really matter lol ...
Good points.

Regarding f2fs, how hard can it be to format a partition? I'm actually wondering the answer to this, as I have the GPE and it seems CM11 for the Moto G just went official. But like you said, it looks like the GPE and the dual-sim owners will have to wait longer.