Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Content adaptive brightness

Tip us?

e34v8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Content adaptive brightness

Hello, does anyone know how to turn off the content adaptive brightness on our Optimus G?

Samsung have an option built in their UI. When I had a nexus, there was a file in /class /backlight... (something like that) that I edited to disable it. I've searched, but I couldn't find anything for this device.
Samsung Galaxy S - > Samsung Galaxy Nexus - > HTC one X - > LG oPossum G - > Nexus 5

JaymzBond
Old
Thanks Meter 44
is there a feature like that on our phone?

Pantoudis
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you mean the screen brightness you can untick the autobrightness mode

e34v8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
No, it has nothing to do with auto brightness. It is a built in feature of Android which aims to save energy, but sometimes ruins the picture quality. You can search in Google what CAB is, for detailed explanation.

When I had a Nexus I use to change the acl_set file in /sys/class/backlight/s6e8aa0 , but it is not the same with this device. So I hope someone knows how to disable it on the Optimus G.
Samsung Galaxy S - > Samsung Galaxy Nexus - > HTC one X - > LG oPossum G - > Nexus 5

TheStigOnline
Old
Thanks Meter 6
This maybe useful - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466268

Hope it helps

LG Optimus G E975
Palm Pre

"Success calls five times a day everyday, but people are too busy to answer the call because they are too busy trying to be successful."
LG Optimus G E975
Palm Pre

"Success calls five times a day everyday, but people are too busy to answer the call because they are too busy trying to be successful."
The Following User Says Thank You to TheStigOnline For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]