[Q] Unlocking Galaxy S4

17th February 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 309

979 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

NO. No, not right, NO. Wrong. Incorrect. Invalid. Incorrect. Input rejected.

Do I make myself clear?

I'm getting tired of repeating this, but THE SCH-I545 IS NOT SIM LOCKED. It is not locked. It does not need to be unlocked. What you are saying is wrong, incorrect, invalid, unnecessary. You don't need to unlock. You get it always unlocked. You don't need to unlock it. Nobody needs to do anything to unlock it. It's not locked.

Do you get my drift yet?

The Federal Communications Commission required that carriers getting access to the 4G spectrum not lock their phones, so phones like the VZ Galaxy S4 are not SIM locked. Any carrier's SIM will work.

Comments like yours send people down a time-wasting path. It isn't locked. Why spend time unlocking it?

Sooooooo............ What exactly are you trying to say? :what:

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4
17th February 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,552

1,910 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

It's amazing to me some times that people refuse to understand. The OP is bound and determined to flash random incompatible ROMs to unlock something that's not locked in the first place. That's a first class ticket to brick-land.
17th February 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #23  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814

2,395 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

It's amazing to me some times that people refuse to understand. The OP is bound and determined to flash random incompatible ROMs to unlock something that's not locked in the first place. That's a first class ticket to brick-land.

We can offer our warnings...In the end it will cost him money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #24  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,673

3,498 posts
Donate to Me
More
Welllll on the other hand I guess I learned what I know from bricking a few ones (before I was on XDA)
Luckily I never hard bricked though lol
There was a week or two back when I had the RAZR that it sat at home bricked.

Sent From My Verizon S4
18th February 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 406

998 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4

I confirm that none of Verizon 4g LTE phones are sim locked. I have 6 smartphones active with Verizon with the Galaxy S4 being one of them. I also have a T-Mobile plan that I use my Verizon Galaxy S4 with. All I had to do was add T-Mobiles APN Settings. You can go here to get the settings.http://www.4gtricks.com/2013/04/t-mo...-settings.html. There is know need to do anything else.
18th February 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #26  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 148

417 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhgomez36

I confirm that none of Verizon 4g LTE phones are sim locked. I have 6 smartphones active with Verizon with the Galaxy S4 being one of them. I also have a T-Mobile plan that I use my Verizon Galaxy S4 with. All I had to do was add T-Mobiles APN Settings. You can go here to get the settings.http://www.4gtricks.com/2013/04/t-mo...-settings.html. There is know need to do anything else.

If what ^^^this guy^^^ said don't work your imei\esn has been blacklisted and will not works on any network unless the bill and etf fees are paid to Verizon...no ifs ands or butts...and yes it is possible to change the imei but its very sketchy and very illegal
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread