Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Silly question about folders

OP judson75

16th February 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
I'll make this quick because it really doesn't warrant much more than a line or two. Recently I have been noticing that when I select an app from a folder then later quit that app the folder remains open. I have a lot of items in some of my folders so it effectively blocks the rest of my home screen. I feel like in the past these folders were closed when I returned to my home screen. Am I wrong or did I unwittingly change some setting?

Thanks!
16th February 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Yonkers, NY
Thanks Meter: 13

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by judson75

.. I feel like in the past these folders were closed when I returned to my home screen. Am I wrong or did I unwittingly change some setting?

Thanks!

You're not wrong that is exactly how it works on my phone.
16th February 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekiv

You're not wrong that is exactly how it works on my phone.

Hmmm ... well I am going to keep snooping around the settings and see if I can find something I may have tripped or changed. Oddly enough this phone is one that I have made very little alterations to in terms of customization. I have rooted it and added some root-authorized apps (TBU, Wirelss Tether etc) but nothing really fancy. I was an idiot and took the knox-riddled 4.3 OTA so that sort of stopped my mods in their tracks.

This thing with the folders is so annoying! Though thanks for the info.
16th February 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Yonkers, NY

67 posts
More
Quote:

Hmmm ... well I am going to keep snooping around the settings and see if I can find something I may have tripped or changed. Oddly enough this phone is one that I have made very little alterations to in terms of customization. I have rooted it and added some root-authorized apps (TBU, Wirelss Tether etc) but nothing really fancy. I was an idiot and took the knox-riddled 4.3 OTA so that sort of stopped my mods in their tracks.

This thing with the folders is so annoying! Though thanks for the info.

We have similar setups. I'm rooted with custom recovery, but with stock 4.1.2 Rom. I didn't take 4.3 OTA. I don't think there is a setting for your folder problem. I think it is a 4.3 OTA bug. I have seen other posts with the same folder complaint by people on the 4.3 OTA
18th February 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekiv

We have similar setups. I'm rooted with custom recovery, but with stock 4.1.2 Rom. I didn't take 4.3 OTA. I don't think there is a setting for your folder problem. I think it is a 4.3 OTA bug. I have seen other posts with the same folder complaint by people on the 4.3 OTA

Can we swear in these threads? Probably not. I think this bug is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I am so bummed that this knox deal has basically ended my customizing fun on the S3, I am going to leave this phone. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus on ebay that I have been playing around with. I thing it is finally time to officially jump ship. FU to the 4.3 OTA!
18th February 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Yonkers, NY

67 posts
More
Quote:

Can we swear in these threads? Probably not. I think this bug is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I am so bummed that this knox deal has basically ended my customizing fun on the S3, I am going to leave this phone. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus on ebay that I have been playing around with. I thing it is finally time to officially jump ship. FU to the 4.3 OTA!

Knox isn't blocking you from customizing. The locked boot loader is - and that's Verizon. Some recent good news however, is that Samsung just announced that they will be releasing the Kit Kat (4.4.2) update for the S3 to all carriers.
18th February 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

41 posts
Well, a small silver lining. Thanks for the news. I'll have to try the upgrade and go from the any time line?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread