Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG F3Q

Tip us?

ged92781
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default LG F3Q

My Sidekick is still going after almost 3 years, but I'm thinking of adding the LG F3Q to my stable. Anyone else try it out yet?

marathonjon
Old
Thanks Meter 11
No, not that one, but I switched to the LG G2 for my main phone. You can see my review at http://www.amazon.com/review/R3BJOZ3...cm_cr_rdp_perm. Although it's for the VZW version, the one for TMO should be similar. Will the F3Q get KitKat?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2606
I would suggest the galaxy relay over that, the only thing better I see in it is the larger battery and now a days you can get the relay on the cheap. Plus there is an active Dev community for it.
I will say either phone will be an inferior keyboard but at least keeps the 5 rows

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hardy81
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Anybody know where these are sold unlocked, or planned to? Canada?

ewedel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default F3Q keyboard seems pretty good actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
I would suggest the galaxy relay over that, the only thing better I see in it is the larger battery and now a days you can get the relay on the cheap. Plus there is an active Dev community for it.
I will say either phone will be an inferior keyboard but at least keeps the 5 rows

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Actually, have touched a couple copies of the F3Q and the keyboard feels (imo) at least as good as the much-loved Desire Z. Unfortunately it doesn't have the nice non-slip case like the HTC phone. But the slide action feels ok -- not too hard, not too soft. Real issue for me is the camera. Have only tested it in-store, so in reasonably good light. Compared to my current daily, an HTC Doubleshot, the F3Q's camera looks really soft. Much more than I'd expect going from the Doubleshot's 8Mpix to 5Mpix. Waiting for another TMO store to get their act together and charge their F3Q so I can get a second take on the camera.

Keyboard sure does feel nice though. Although the layout is a little funky it seems usable. And so far better than the Relay 4G (especially the space bar) that it's not even funny.

hardy81
Old
Thanks Meter 22
To order one from Canada to Europe: http://www.canadagsm.ca/products-LG-...Penta-Band-LTE. 2G and 3G should work; 4G not.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Could this be real: http://442kitkat.senuke.info/mp3-0/l...-f3q-5998.html?