XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung GS4 AT&T Update Fails

Tip us?

uchua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung GS4 AT&T Update Fails

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 through AT&T (which I'm beginning to think was a huge mistake). The phone recently was supposed to receive and update through AT&T update service. The update is about 730 MB and takes about an hour to download, however upon restarting and the update getting to 25% completion it fails and reboots. This wouldn't be a huge issue but my Gallery app has since complete stopped working and the phone is generally acting screwy since the failure.

The first few times this happened i eventually gave up and looked into installing CyanogenMod onto this worthless brick but I can't seem to find any way to get ClockworkMod Recovery onto it.

As of right now I'm sitting here with an $800 POS that I'm stuck with for about another year and 8 months so any help either getting through the update or moving to CyanogenMod would be amazing.

HiTideBlastoise
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Yeah you cannot install that on your phone, even on MF3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

uchua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So does that mean I'm just stuck? Is there any custom ROM I can replace this with or any way to force the update through?

jball
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchua View Post
So does that mean I'm just stuck? Is there any custom ROM I can replace this with or any way to force the update through?

Have you tried Odin MF3 from the md5 thread in general section. If not give it a go and if it flashes you back to MF3 then re root and install Supersu pro to use survival mode and take the update again.

ROOTED ATT MK2 using Tapatalk

muskratt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i had the exact same problem. i ended up backing my phone up with titanium, flashing mf3 with odin and then rooting and restoring. then it took the update.

uchua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried flashing back to stock with Odin and just keeping getting a FAIL! Auth message on my phone and in the desktop application

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 18th February 2014 at 07:30 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2136

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchua View Post
I tried flashing back to stock with Odin and just keeping getting a FAIL! Auth message on my phone and in the desktop application
@uchua Did u try follow my thread for MK2 tar .....u can upgrade to MK2 from MF3 easily or unbricked your MK2. For guide on how to check on POST#2 with image guide....GOODLUCK....let me know how it go.....

EDIT: Or u can try this MF3 tar. But remember MF3 and MK2 CAN'T install CWM or TWRP RECOVERY.....u ended up BRICKED.....U CAN ONLY INSTALL SAFESTRAP RECOVERY
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uchua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Actually it ended up being that the .tar.md5 file I was using was invalid. Upon finding the right ones I managed to reflash the original image and update to MK2. So I guess now my issue is resolved.