Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

regain flashdrive capacity...

Tip us?
 
blast0id
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 2,770
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ap0pka
Default regain flashdrive capacity...

I used diskimager to flash a 4gb img to a 16gb usb flashdrive to install cwm to my ovation... this was months ago, and I forgot about it... now I can't figure out how to get back my 16gb flashdrive... can't even seem to format it properly... not sure what I'm doing wrong... any help would be greatly appreciated!

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! FAH Q H8RZ ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ _ ! - VOTE FOR FREEDOM - ! _ _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio < Rapheal < Vision < Ruby < M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >> Today
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!

 
twiztid_
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast0id View Post
I used diskimager to flash a 4gb img to a 16gb usb flashdrive to install cwm to my ovation... this was months ago, and I forgot about it... now I can't figure out how to get back my 16gb flashdrive... can't even seem to format it properly... not sure what I'm doing wrong... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back up any data you need, then use SDFormatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Under Options, turn on Format Size Adjustment.
The Following User Says Thank You to twiztid_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
leapinlar
Old
#3  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast0id View Post
I used diskimager to flash a 4gb img to a 16gb usb flashdrive to install cwm to my ovation... this was months ago, and I forgot about it... now I can't figure out how to get back my 16gb flashdrive... can't even seem to format it properly... not sure what I'm doing wrong... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Get SDFormatter free on the web. It will return it to full size.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blast0id
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 2,770
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ap0pka
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Get SDFormatter free on the web. It will return it to full size.
thanks, I tried that, but it won't even recognize the drive... I've also tried the HP-USB-Formatter tool... with no luck... I dunno what's going on...

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! FAH Q H8RZ ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ _ ! - VOTE FOR FREEDOM - ! _ _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio < Rapheal < Vision < Ruby < M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >> Today
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!

 
leapinlar
Old
#5  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast0id View Post
thanks, I tried that, but it won't even recognize the drive... I've also tried the HP-USB-Formatter tool... with no luck... I dunno what's going on...
What kind of card reader are you using? That could be the problem. Also try a partitioning software like Mini-Tool partition wizard.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blast0id
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 2,770
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ap0pka
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
What kind of card reader are you using? That could be the problem. Also try a partitioning software like Mini-Tool partition wizard.
It's an ADATA USB3.0 usb flash drive, not a card. I used a double female connector to connect it to the nook cord.

I've tried mini-tool parition also... lol... I think this drive must have been washed or something... diskpart can see it, I can create a primary partition, make it active...etc... but as for formatting nothing seems to work...

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! FAH Q H8RZ ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ _ ! - VOTE FOR FREEDOM - ! _ _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio < Rapheal < Vision < Ruby < M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >> Today
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!

 
leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 18th February 2014 at 10:53 PM.)
#7  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3571
Posts: 8,123
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blast0id View Post
It's an ADATA USB3.0 usb flash drive, not a card. I used a double female connector to connect it to the nook cord.

I've tried mini-tool parition also... lol... I think this drive must have been washed or something... diskpart can see it, I can create a primary partition, make it active...etc... but as for formatting nothing seems to work...
I have never heard of someone using a flashdrive to boot a nook. I noticed you were calling it a flashdrive earlier, but thought you just had your terms mixed up. That is weird. And I have no idea how to fix it.

Edit: You actually got that flashdrive to boot in a Nook HD/HD+? With the USB cable?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blast0id
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 2,770
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ap0pka
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Edit: You actually got that flashdrive to boot in a Nook HD/HD+? With the USB cable?
I honestly don't remember I just know I had burned a cwm image to it... for some reason, and that's the only reason I can think of doing it...

this is the image I had imaged the flashdrive with: NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for-stock-4GB-rev4-(05.15.13)

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! FAH Q H8RZ ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ _ ! - VOTE FOR FREEDOM - ! _ _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio < Rapheal < Vision < Ruby < M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >> Today
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes