Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader unlocked factory reset

Tip us?

vonis22
Old
(Last edited by vonis22; 19th February 2014 at 08:11 AM.) Reason: Extra info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Bootloader unlocked factory reset

Hi,

Today I tried to unlock my bootloader on Xperia T, because I recently downloaded android 4.3. When the bootloader was unlocked, I tried rooting the cell through usb debug. But it didn't work, I decided to look at it tomorrow, or at a later point. But when I restarted my phone, it was been factory reset. Some of the photos were recovered, but ALL my notes are gone and a lot of apps are gone, I never chose to format my phone or anything.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: my phone contacts seem unlinked from WhatsApp too... So the contacts are there, but WhatsApp doesn't recognise them.... I think the internal memory and the phone memory are corrupting each other

EDIT2: the contacts don't even seem to be there now, not even on Google, while I am 100% sure I saved the contacts to my Google account

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I never heard of this issue before, but a bootloader unlock always factory resets the phone. Are you sure that your bootloader can be unlocked, and that it is still unlocked now? For unlock just follow the instructions on the official Sony page, they're clear enough.

I don't know a method for recovering data after factory reset, other than restoring your nandroid backup.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

vonis22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am sure the bootloader unlock is possible, it might be that I unlocked the bootloader, while it was unlocked already. I don't know if this is the problem.

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonis22 View Post
I am sure the bootloader unlock is possible, it might be that I unlocked the bootloader, while it was unlocked already. I don't know if this is the problem.
Did you unlock your bootloader before? If not, then it is still locked. However, the status now is a bit unsure Did you check in the service menu? ('call' *#*#7378429#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) and check Service Info -> Configuration -> Rooting Status, what does it say?)

vonis22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
Did you unlock your bootloader before? If not, then it is still locked. However, the status now is a bit unsure Did you check in the service menu? ('call' *#*#7378429#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) and check Service Info -> Configuration -> Rooting Status, what does it say?)
Thanks for the reply, I did this, my phones bootloader is UNLOCKED, I was confused and did it again, so i double unlocked the bootloader, this seems to be the problem. Is there any way to get the data back?

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonis22 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I did this, my phones bootloader is UNLOCKED, I was confused and did it again, so i double unlocked the bootloader, this seems to be the problem. Is there any way to get the data back?
Well, good to see your bootloader is indeed unlocked

If you didn't make any backups, there is almost no way to recover your data. The only thing I can think of is trying to recover something with data recovery software like Recuva (from Windows, not an Android app), but you should stop using your phone immediately, because if sectors on SD or internal storage are overwritten with new data it diminishes the chances of recovery of old data.

Now would be a good time to start backing up regularly, or at least before you start flashing roms, unlocking things, etc. There is a reason why we say 'always make a nandroid backup!'

vonis22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
Well, good to see your bootloader is indeed unlocked

If you didn't make any backups, there is almost no way to recover your data. The only thing I can think of is trying to recover something with data recovery software like Recuva (from Windows, not an Android app), but you should stop using your phone immediately, because if sectors on SD or internal storage are overwritten with new data it diminishes the chances of recovery of old data.

Now would be a good time to start backing up regularly, or at least before you start flashing roms, unlocking things, etc. There is a reason why we say 'always make a nandroid backup!'
I am afraid that I lost my data. I am going to try a root in the afternoon, I will update this post if any problems occur

Thanks for the help and replies so far!