[Q&A][ROM][4.4.2][Official][CMB Roms cmb4.4.2][TF700T]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
I would say for being a child this rom is coming alone nicely....I would as an outsider which I am not :p I would give it a 8 out of 10 for overall goodness.... If stability is what you want your in the right place... As you read in the dev forum sbdags is running it on a 4.2.1 kernel which much mean the rest of the rom is solid....That just my input!!!!!Thx for the question in the correct forum...As always thx lj:D

Thanks for answering my question.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

theetimryder

Jul 18, 2011
Macomb, MI
Just today, no I didn't re-flash gapps. I didnt see in the instructions where it said to re-flash gapps I'll try that now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
What is ART. I see it in the description but unsure what it is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It replaces Dalvik as the runtime.. It google's attempt to push java out the picture.. I have had only good luck running it but, I can spend by time
helping someone that is having issue with it.... It a fine ine I must walk...

Check this out I ran a benchmark called quadrant... This was after I did a clean install updated everything ran it for 48 hours than ran the benchmark was getting like 3900 to 41oo for a score... I enable ART ran it for about a day no issues.. than reran the beachmark, It doubled my score I about pooped myself... LOL but if you enable it and have issues, your on your own... Thx lj

bitemeoftn

Feb 2, 2011
I mean the physical keyboard that attaches to the tablet so i guess itll work

I see. Yes there's been one other person using this ROM that has the actual dock from Asus for this tablet and he's said that everything has been working on the dock. I'm hoping to get one soon, but I need to save some money. Unfortunately tax season doesn't mean a big payoff for me lol.

Reactions: moparfreak426

cerebralzulu

Oct 14, 2008
Atlanta
uqe4urav.jpg

I have a keyboard that attaches and it is working fine. Haven't had any problems with any of the keys. I guess I should try them all and report back. :)

edit: all of the keys are functional. The only one I am not certain of is the "launch browser". I use Apex and I don't see any change when I depress that button. The verbage shows at the top so I guess it is operational. I just don't see any change unlike using the other functions. Hope that helps.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:

Ali I Hagen

Nov 20, 2011
The search functions is down and I saw this question was raised in the main thread; Is multiwindow possible with this room?

androidrooky

Feb 24, 2014
Step-by-step flashing instructions

Hi LJ and others: very new to this, and would like clear step-by-step instructions to get CMB-4.4.2 correctly flashed to my TF700. Love what others are saying CMB can do, and would hate to brick my device by doing something dumb. I'm on the stock ASUS ROM, bootloader version JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-2013-0801, Kernel version 3.1.10-gb1a9af5 without root access.

1) I unlocked the bootloader with the Asus unlock tool.
2) I downloaded the following 4 zip files to my PC as well as an external microSD and verified all md5 sums:
- philz_tf700t_recovery_v6.12.8.zip
- cm-4.4-20140211-cmb4.4.2-tf700t.zip
- cmb_kkgapps_20131209.zip
- cmb_tf700t-ota-20140213.zip
3) I installed ADB on my PC running Ubuntu 12.04, but I'm not sure how to flash the Philz recovery image. I need step-by-step command line
instructions --- please help!
4) I also need step-by-step instructions for flashing the base ROM, and then the OTA file.

Please let me know if any further info is needed, and thanks in advance for your help!!!

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi LJ and others: very new to this, and would like clear step-by-step instructions to get CMB-4.4.2 correctly flashed to my TF700. Love what others are saying CMB can do, and would hate to brick my device by doing something dumb. I'm on the stock ASUS ROM, bootloader version JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-2013-0801, Kernel version 3.1.10-gb1a9af5 without root access.

2) I downloaded the following 4 zip files to my PC as well as an external microSD and verified all md5 sums:
3) I installed ADB on my PC running Ubuntu 12.04, but I'm not sure how to flash the Philz recovery image. I need step-by-step command line
4) I also need step-by-step instructions for flashing the base ROM, and then the OTA file.

Please let me know if any further info is needed, and thanks in advance for your help!!!

Fastboot is how you would flash philz recovery...you need to vetify that your PC can see you tablet in fastboot... Boot you tablet into your bootloader...'tablet off' 'long hold
Power volume down' this is bootlaoder screen... It will say entering fastboot protocol, on your tablet... The print is tiny but its there.....that plugged into your PC type

Code:
fastboot devices

Let me know when you get there

androidrooky

Feb 24, 2014
Fastboot is how you would flash philz recovery...you need to vetify that your PC can see you tablet in fastboot... Boot you tablet into your bootloader...'tablet off' 'long hold
Power volume down' this is bootlaoder screen... It will say entering fastboot protocol, on your tablet... The print is tiny but its there.....that plugged into your PC type

Code:
fastboot devices

Let me know when you get there

Booted tablet into fastboot (says "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol", shows 3 icons, RCK flashing), connected USB cable to PC, ran "fastboot devices" in terminal, got no output. Also "adb devices" doesn't recognize the device (although it did when booted into the stock ROM). I do have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Booted tablet into fastboot (says "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol", shows 3 icons, RCK flashing), connected USB cable to PC, ran "fastboot devices" in terminal, got no output. Also "adb devices" doesn't recognize the device (although it did when booted into the stock ROM). I do have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.

Type

Code:
fastboot

What is the output of that

bitemeoftn

Feb 2, 2011

You'll need root access in order to flash any custom recovery. After you get rooted follow lj's instructions for flashing the recovery or you could try using flashify from the play store. I'm not sure if it'll work the same way, but it'd be worth a shot. Happy flashing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[ROM][4.4.2][Official][CMB Roms cmb4.4.2][TF700T]

Click link here>>Dev Forum<<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    uqe4urav.jpg

I have a keyboard that attaches and it is working fine. Haven't had any problems with any of the keys. I guess I should try them all and report back. :)

edit: all of the keys are functional. The only one I am not certain of is the "launch browser". I use Apex and I don't see any change when I depress that button. The verbage shows at the top so I guess it is operational. I just don't see any change unlike using the other functions. Hope that helps.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk now Free
    New OTA

I am uploading a new OTA for our beloved 700's.... This on can be install as a stand alone or a OTA... Let me know if there is anything out of the ordinary.. We are working on the inviable text in users.. There are a few other things we are working on, so just let me know if there is anything that is not as it should be.... Thx lj

Check the dev forum for downloads....
    i would love to be able to say its better than Cromi-X but it would be like comparing apples to oranges.. I would also say Im a little bios as, I do dev for CMB roms, lol.... Battery life is great, performace is getting better as 4.4 has only be live for 2 mouths now... Free ram is 390 MB (on the newest build, not uploaded yet).... Thx for you feedback and great questions... Thx lj

Well said ;) :good: CROMi-X as you said is much more mature and is on a much more solid base - although I am being tempted to dev a 4.4.2 based rom (out of boredom!) lol. Maybe I should pimp up CMB a bit ;)
    How does this ROM compare in performance compared to Cromix ROM? Is battery life on par with cromix and how well does memory management work (free RAM)?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

i would love to be able to say its better than Cromi-X but it would be like comparing apples to oranges.. I would also say Im a little bios as, I do dev for CMB roms, lol.... Battery life is great, performace is getting better as 4.4 has only be live for 2 mouths now... Free ram is 390 MB (on the newest build).... Thx for you feedback and great questions... Thx lj