Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Clueless

OP The_Fallen_angel

18th February 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
The_Fallen_angel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
ok folks got a problem here and i have searched and searched and tried and tried with no luck i have an at&t unlocked note i717 i have rooted it using the method stated here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586223 i have installed a wide vairety of custom roms as wellas recoveries the phone constently reboots i have pulled the phone apart and cleaned the power button flashed different kernels etc no matter what i do it still reboots all the time. also the battery will have a full charge and once it autoreboots the battery shows it has being dead now the phone sticks in a boot loop i am by no means new to the android game i have even built my own rom many moons ago for the SGS II but this has me stumped any help and i would be greatful

P.S. the only way it does not give me these issues is to treat it as a brick and restore to stock gingerbread
Last edited by The_Fallen_angel; 18th February 2014 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added info
18th February 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
How old is the actual battery? Is it bulging at all? Might want to try a fresh battery. The battery with a full charge but is dead after reboot is a sign of bad battery.
18th February 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #3  
The_Fallen_angel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

How old is the actual battery? Is it bulging at all? Might want to try a fresh battery. The battery with a full charge but is dead after reboot is a sign of bad battery.

the battery is fine as along is it is stock but the second i stick a custom rom no matter the rom or kernel it does this i can root it and its fine but the second a custom rom is introduced i have the problems
18th February 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
1,573 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fallen_angel

the battery is fine as along is it is stock but the second i stick a custom rom no matter the rom or kernel it does this i can root it and its fine but the second a custom rom is introduced i have the problems

Sounds like you have done your reading, but I have to ask, how clean are you?

Personally, I wipe 3 times
Flash rom 2 times
Gapps 1 time
Wipe davlik and cache
Wait 10
Reboot again and do your thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
shayneflashindaily's Avatar
Senior Member
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,332
 
4,683 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Datz pretty clean....i dk the same expect I don't always flash ROM twice.:beer:

*S.O.F.A*2SHAYNEZ*K.C.C.O*
18th February 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #6  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
1,573 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Datz pretty clean....i dk the same expect I don't always flash ROM twice.:beer:

*S.O.F.A*2SHAYNEZ*K.C.C.O*

How think do you drunk I am Shayne? :beer::beer::beer: Dayup!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #7  
The_Fallen_angel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

Sounds like you have done your reading, but I have to ask, how clean are you?

Personally, I wipe 3 times
Flash rom 2 times
Gapps 1 time
Wipe davlik and cache
Wait 10
Reboot again and do your thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

That is a given i have learned from past experience that wiping just once sometimes just is not good enough. strangely enough i returned the phone to stock unrooted. from there i install hybrid rom and did not have any issues the battery said it was a full charge the phone stayed on did not reboot untill today this afternoon i went and logged into facebook and the second it logged in bang there was the reboot. before that i made calls and went tot he play store etc etc with no hiccups this is really got me stumped
19th February 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #8  
Agoattamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495
 
2,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Wiping data and cache is not always good enough. You should also format your system partition. If not you will have system files from the previous ROM on your phone even though you do a full wipe.

Your issue may be with the way you are rooting your phone. Install your factory ROM using odin. Then use odin to flash CWM or TWRP recovery. Then flash a superuser version using recovery. The tutorial you spoke of mentioned kernels and you may be flashing a kernel for gingerbread on a JB ROM. This would definitely mess your phone up. Stay away from the kernels mentioned in this thread as the info is ANCIENT. After rooting (actually you don't even need to install superuser to flash a custom ROM) install your custom ROM. And only flash kernels recommended for that particular ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Agoattamer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #9  
captemo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
1,573 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Agoatamers words are always solid. I myself dont like to flash alternate kernals as they often seem to invite more maintainence. If it doesnt work with kernal built with, then I dont use.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #10  
The_Fallen_angel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

Wiping data and cache is not always good enough. You should also format your system partition. If not you will have system files from the previous ROM on your phone even though you do a full wipe.

Your issue may be with the way you are rooting your phone. Install your factory ROM using odin. Then use odin to flash CWM or TWRP recovery. Then flash a superuser version using recovery. The tutorial you spoke of mentioned kernels and you may be flashing a kernel for gingerbread on a JB ROM. This would definitely mess your phone up. Stay away from the kernels mentioned in this thread as the info is ANCIENT. After rooting (actually you don't even need to install superuser to flash a custom ROM) install your custom ROM. And only flash kernels recommended for that particular ROM.

I have been in this game for a while now and i have flashed more androids than i can count this phone is not the first note that I have flashed but it is the only one that i have seen this issue with as far as flashing kernels i did not use the kernels in that post untill i had returned to stock with GB then i used them the way you mentioned above is the way this phones was flashed several times I have tried many different roms without flashing kernels and then as last result tried a few defferent kernels as well to see if the kernel was an issue as i have had issues with kernels in the past on the SGS2 doing this with crappy kernels, although they were an easy fix flashing siyah pretty much fixed that issue. here is an update on the phone situation. i have been running hbrid rom for almost 24 hours with no reboot (fingers crossed, knock on wood ) the only thing i have done different I did switch batteries due to being out and my primary batt died and used my back up so i do believe it very well may have been the battery, the battery is not bulging as of yet but that does not mean anything as the battery could still be bad so we will see again fingers crossed i will kep this updated for at least 48 hours as long as there is no more problems i will mark this as solved via the battery replacement

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes