(in my case I already run Cyanogenmod 11 on my Videotron Note 3 since 3 weeks and it work like a charm.)
I am not responsible if something goes wrong with your device. If you donít have knowledge in flashing and install a custom ROM donít do this. Before to try to install Cyanogenmod 11, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE IN CWM RECOVERY.
1. The phone must be root
2. You must have CWM for N900W8 already install
3. Download the Cyanogenmod 11 htlexx or hltetmo and put the htlexx.zip or hltetmo.zip on you external SD card
4. Open htlexx.zip or hltetmo.zi go to META-INF>com>google>android
5. Open updater-script with the text editor of your choice
6. Remove all the following charactersí: assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "hltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hltexx"|| abort("This package is for \"hltexx\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
7. Now the updater-script begin with the following characters; mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/bl etc etc
8. Now close and save updater-script file.
9. Restart the device in recovery
10. Make a full backup of your device
11. Wipe data/factory reset
12. Wipe cache partition
13. in advance option wipe dalvik cache
14. go back and go to install zip
15. go to choose zip from / external_sd
16. choose your file hltexx.zip or hltetmo.zip
17. choose yes _ install hltexx or hltetmo
18. When the installation is finish press go back and reboot now
Now the device will restart and stop at Cyanogen logo spin SO BE PATIENT THE PHONE IS AT IS FIRST BOOT WITH CYANOGEN 11 SO IT TAKE TIME TO INSTALL THE O/S (on my device it take 6 minutes so again BE PATIENT)
After the first boot follow the instruction and you are ready to use Cyanogenmod 11
on your Canadian Note 3.
Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!