[Q] help with xnote

Search This thread

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me with installing the latest build of xnote 10.0 for my n9005

i am currently using the xnote 7.0 rom which is 4.3
my baseband is n900AUCUBMJ5
kernel is 3.4.0-1625098 se.infra@SEP-121#1
and my version of xnote is XXUDML2
i currently have safestrap installed as my recovery
i am rooted as well

the xnote note instructions read as the following

"
[SIZE="1"[SIZE="3"]]ONLY IF COMING FROM ANDROID 4.3

FIRST DO THIS, SKIP IF ALREADY DONE CLICK H E R E

So you need a 4.4.2 official firmware already installed, a working KITKAT recovery and ROOT to backup EFS (use chainfire root for KITKAT)

1- Untick reactivation lock in security settings
2- do a EFS backup from your KitKat firmware
3- check the MD5 of your downloaded X-Note zip
4- reboot recovery
5- wipe data (don't do other wipes)
6- install zip and choose the rom in your sd
7- follow aroma, wait for first boot, done
.[/SIZE][/SIZE]"

so my question is do i need to follow those instructions in order to flash from the old xnote 7 to xnote 10 and if so where do i find the download link for the 4.4.2 official poland firmware. (will the langauge be in polish) and will it completely wipe my device in any part of this process and do i need to install a different or newer recovery

thanks for all the help in advance
-ben

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Omg
Is there a question?

Yes > >>

so my question is do i need to follow those instructions in order to flash from the old xnote 7 to xnote 10 and if so where do i find the download link for the 4.4.2 official poland firmware. (will the langauge be in polish) and will it completely wipe my device in any part of this process and do i need to install a different or newer recovery

thanks for all the help in advance
-ben

theres a couple of threads in the general section of this forum to download 4.4.2 - The language won't be Polish as you get to choose on setup wizard.

It won't wipe your device using Odin to flash it - although it's advisable you do wipe.

Lastest CWM by Chenglu - PhilZ Adavanced CWM - TWRP are all Kitkat compatible now. -- remember you don't need to root to install a custom recovery.

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
Yes > >>

theres a couple of threads in the general section of this forum to download 4.4.2 - The language won't be Polish as you get to choose on setup wizard.

It won't wipe your device using Odin to flash it - although it's advisable you do wipe.

Lastest CWM by Chenglu - PhilZ Adavanced CWM - TWRP are all Kitkat compatible now. -- remember you don't need to root to install a custom recovery.

thank you for the help is safestrap 3.71 using twrp v 2.6.3.1 an acceptable recovery to use to flash 4.4.2 and then xnote afterwards?

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
flustered

Not 100% sure with using safestrap, you'd have to check the safestrap thread for advice.

okay in all honesty im becoming frustrated with this whole process could someone possibly reply with clear instructions with exactly what i need to do in order to update xnote 7.0 to xnote 10.0 im getting a tad bit confused as to exactly what i need to do :crying:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
okay in all honesty im becoming frustrated with this whole process could someone possibly reply with clear instructions with exactly what i need to do in order to update xnote 7.0 to xnote 10.0 im getting a tad bit confused as to exactly what i need to do :crying:

Using safestrap automatically throws a spanner in the works due to the way it's handled flashing etc, there won't be a simple way with this but there are ways.

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
gchat

if anyone would be willing to google hangout chat me or skype me and possibly walk me through this process it would be hugely appreciated all of my usernames are armadilloben

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
Using safestrap automatically throws a spanner in the works due to the way it's handled flashing etc, there won't be a simple way with this but there are ways.

well in that case do you know of a way for me to reflash to a different recovery?

im sort of becoming overwhelmed with this process.

i understand how to flash roms pretty well and have been following the xda community for about two years now ive learned and read enough posts to not be a complete idiot anymore. this process however has kinda screwed with my head and im nervous to attempt to update to 10.0 without clearer instructions

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
ok ii attempted to do it

alrighty so i built up the courage and attempted to flash the poland 4.42 stock rom via odin i checked auto reboot and f. reset time loaded the firemware into AP

i put my phone into download mode plugged it in the my machine tried to start the proceess with odin and i got the following fail error
heres the log:

"<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

in download mode my phone says the following
"odin mode
product name sm-900a
current binary: samsung official
system status: official
know kernel lock: 0x0
knox warranty void: 0x0
qualcomm securtboot: enable (csb)
rp swrev: s2, t2 , a2 , a2, p2
wirte protection: enable
secure check fail: sbl1

what exactly did i do wrong?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Ah OK thought so, due to the bootloader being locked you can't write to the device hence the error. I wouldn't advise trying to write N9005 ROMs for now. I'm gonna guess however that due to the BL lock and since no 4.4.2 is out yet for the ATT version you won't be able to upgrade because of the requirement for the new 4.4.2 BL to boot up xnote 10.

Your really better off asking on the safestrap thread though as most people in this part won't know due to us having the international model.

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
Ah OK thought so, due to the bootloader being locked you can't write to the device hence the error. I wouldn't advise trying to write N9005 ROMs for now. I'm gonna guess however that due to the BL lock and since no 4.4.2 is out yet for the ATT version you won't be able to upgrade because of the requirement for the new 4.4.2 BL to boot up xnote 10.

Your really better off asking on the safestrap thread though as most people in this part won't know due to us having the international model.

so your saying that even though i installed the xnote 7.0 that 10.0 wont work because i need the bootloader unlocked. and how the hell did i install 7.0 if it was locked in the first place?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
so your saying that even though i installed the xnote 7.0 that 10.0 wont work because i need the bootloader unlocked. and how the hell did i install 7.0 if it was locked in the first place?

7 used 4.3's Bootloader IIRC, 8 onwards uses the new KK bootloader. ATT has the JB bootloader, but doesn't yet have access to the new 4.4.2 bootloader.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
In regards to CM - I honestly have no idea if it's compatible with the ATT model - but from having a quick glance around the ATT Note 3 forum I can't see that it is. And checking the new unified build tree it shows it's only compatible with "hltespr(Sprint), hltetmo(T-Mobile), hltevzw(Verizon), htlexx(N9005) - However, that's not to say that there is no definite method. One may come via Safestrap or possibly already and I have just missed it.

No problem with helping, just sorry couldn't help you get xnote 10

armadilloben

Jun 7, 2012
In regards to CM - I honestly have no idea if it's compatible with the ATT model - but from having a quick glance around the ATT Note 3 forum I can't see that it is. And checking the new unified build tree it shows it's only compatible with "hltespr(Sprint), hltetmo(T-Mobile), hltevzw(Verizon), htlexx(N9005) - However, that's not to say that there is no definite method. One may come via Safestrap or possibly already and I have just missed it.

No problem with helping, just sorry couldn't help you get xnote 10

its alright not your fault and alrighty i mean ive searched around for cm for att and didnt find it either.

in all reality i just wanted 10.0 to get 4.42 because i assumed that my battery drain would be better on it. i love 7.0 its a great rom i just wish there was a real fix for my audio out wakelock issues that suck my battery dry. i have a 10,000ma zero lemon battery on my phone and it still only lasts me about a day. like its at about 20 percent when i charge it before bed every night