Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone doesn't seem to ring while driving.

Tip us?

Corwinder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Phone doesn't seem to ring while driving.

First off let me say Hands Free Mode is turned off. On two occasions now I driven home from work and see I've missed a call. The log shows it was only within the last 10 minutes and it takes 25 minutes to get home. Now I know the phone will ring. Played phone tag yesterday with my boss. No one I work with has an S4 so I don't know if this is a big issue but my wife has one and she seems to be having the same issue. I'd love any suggestions as to what might be going on.

brian117
Old
Thanks Meter 164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwinder View Post
First off let me say Hands Free Mode is turned off. On two occasions now I driven home from work and see I've missed a call. The log shows it was only within the last 10 minutes and it takes 25 minutes to get home. Now I know the phone will ring. Played phone tag yesterday with my boss. No one I work with has an S4 so I don't know if this is a big issue but my wife has one and she seems to be having the same issue. I'd love any suggestions as to what might be going on.
Possible deadzone on the route you take to and from work? Are you rooted? What modem/baseband are you on?

Corwinder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117 View Post
Possible deadzone on the route you take to and from work? Are you rooted? What modem/baseband are you on?
No at the time I wasn't rooted. Stock everything. And there's no deadzone. That would suck. Thanks for the reply. I've since rooted the phone and done some stuff with greenify but still waiting for a phone call while driving to see if it's still a problem.

Kingissa
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This actually happens to me all the time when I drive. I found that turning down the volume of my cars music that's blasting helps tremendously. After doing that my phone suddenly started "ringing" again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingissa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]