No registration required

[Q] Bootloader issue i605

OP 87sleepr

17th February 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Short story:
Had the OTA update to 4.3 and tried to unlock the bootloader and lost it all. Now running MJ9 4.1.1 with VRALJB. I used the files from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2564495 thought it was supposted to be 4.3

I cant seem to get anything to work to unlock the bootloader. Once i reload the FW with the MJ9 it loads the recovery e3 loader. Im confused as to why it loads it after i reload. But i cant pull it up at bootup, only pulls up Odin mode.

I want to install CM 11 and CWM but not sure what i need to now. Ive tried MANY files, all but 2 fail with sboot.bin. One bootloops the other runs fine.

Bout to pull my hair out, shamefully stating that ive been at it for about 8 hours if not more and cant figure it out.
17th February 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #2  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,908

3,019 posts
More
You can't

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
17th February 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central USA
Thanks Meter: 123

294 posts
More
Nobody has figured out a workaround yet. This bootloader is fairly secure it seems, and no developers have put in the time to find a workaround.

I really hope a few are still around trying to unlock it, but if they are they aren't being vocal about it, as there has been absolutely zero news regarding a possible solution or if anyone is even trying.

It's a sad state for such a great phone. It seems as if everybody just bailed on it once the note 3 came out.
18th February 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

269 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2615587

you could be a willing guinea pig. Read the whole thread. No one has yet tried with this to see if it would be the solution.
18th February 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #5  
Flag Hilliard, FL
Thanks Meter: 42

152 posts
More
Wink Anything past 4.1.2 is locked out per Verizon
Like you've been advised...as of present...there's no work around the bootloader
However Adam Outler appears to be working on it when he can
If anyone can get past it...it'll be him
This man's a true genius but he's always modest about his work...
Anyway I suggest you bring it back down to VRAMC3 or what flavor you prefer below 4.3 and build upon that...
I tried myself to root and mod with 4.3 but won't work because of the bootloader issue
So I revised down toVRAMC3 and have everything I need for now
Because that version runs for me the smoothest and most reliable
In the mean time...Im just being patient with the main front running developers for this phones breed!!
Adam always brainstorms these things...and Im confident he'll reason it out and produce a work around
But rassleberrys..not a flattering term btw... to Verizon for locking us outa the bootloader on our N2, s
With the latest OS upgrade..
But Im confident in Adams abilities....Although I don't know how he finds the time??
We're all lucky to have a pioneering genius so diligently working on a multitude of projects for us
Without the deserved recognition he should be getting from a lot more of this community than is displayed!!
18th February 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #6  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,908

3,019 posts
More
Last I heard Adam was done working on Samsung bootloaders but he may have changed his stance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseldown

Like you've been advised...as of present...there's no work around the bootloader
However Adam Outler appears to be working on it when he can
If anyone can get past it...it'll be him
This man's a true genius but he's always modest about his work...
Anyway I suggest you bring it back down to VRAMC3 or what flavor you prefer below 4.3 and build upon that...
I tried myself to root and mod with 4.3 but won't work because of the bootloader issue
So I revised down toVRAMC3 and have everything I need for now
Because that version runs for me the smoothest and most reliable
In the mean time...Im just being patient with the main front running developers for this phones breed!!
Adam always brainstorms these things...and Im confident he'll reason it out and produce a work around
But rassleberrys..not a flattering term btw... to Verizon for locking us outa the bootloader on our N2, s
With the latest OS upgrade..
But Im confident in Adams abilities....Although I don't know how he finds the time??
We're all lucky to have a pioneering genius so diligently working on a multitude of projects for us
Without the deserved recognition he should be getting from a lot more of this community than is displayed!!

This is how the issue started lol I did the casual program and everything seemed all fine even restarted as he said it would, then BAM triangle. Everytime i run his program it does its thing then kills my FW and i have to reload it everytime. Multi cords, multi USB ports. Ill be fine if i can just get 4.3 to update and go back stock until someone cracks it. Im on 4.1.1 rooted and it seems to be dragging more than 4.3. i will say im pleased to have the old google maps back lol works amazingly compared to the new maps...Im going to keep digging. I realized after i posted that 4.3 loader was locked.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread