Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with recovery

Tip us?

Jaggions
Old
(Last edited by Jaggions; 14th February 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Default Problem with recovery

Resolved: see below

Hi. I have flashed a custom recovery to my Galaxy Gio, based on CWM. But when I boot into recovery I keep getting these errors:
Code:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
and I can do nothing. Now how can I flash a new recovery? I can't use adb because it doesn't detect my device even if I have installed all the drivers, and I can't use Odin because I can't find version 4.42 anywhere!!

Please, help! Thank you

Pietplezier
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I do have the same problem. My Gio can only come into Download modus, But even with the correct drivers, 2 pc's and 3 different usb cables wont work . I can't get into recovery modus anymore. If odin will recognize the gio i can flash a stock rom, but i cant flash now

Nikiz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietplezier View Post
I do have the same problem. My Gio can only come into Download modus, But even with the correct drivers, 2 pc's and 3 different usb cables wont work . I can't get into recovery modus anymore. If odin will recognize the gio i can flash a stock rom, but i cant flash now
Are those computers running Windows 8.1? Windows 8.1 refuses to detect the Gio on download-mode, because it misses some verifications. I had the same problem, but I managed to flash the recovery with Windows 7.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jaggions
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikiz View Post
Are those computers running Windows 8.1? Windows 8.1 refuses to detect the Gio on download-mode, because it misses some verifications. I had the same problem, but I managed to flash the recovery with Windows 7.
^ This is the answer
About me: theiphonewiki.com/wiki/User:Jaggions
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pietplezier
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Yes windows 8.1. F*ck windows 8.1. I will fix the phone on windows 7. Thnx for the help!