Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Titanium Backup : How to restore all phone parameters (HS, gamedata) JB to KK

Tip us?

Nemorensis32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Titanium Backup : How to restore all phone parameters (HS, gamedata) JB to KK

Hi!

I am aware that this is a silly question and we have loads of tutorials on the Internet, however, having had many bad experiences, I prefer to ask the question here after I've checked the other topics.
Sorry for that and thank for your help.

I am about to flash KitKat but I would like :
- to avoid to reconfigure all the parameters of my Note 3 (home screen, icons, and all little details who take ages to configure...)
- to save all my games and softwares, including savegames, configuration etc.

I am on 4.3 and I wonder what boxes I need to tick to get everything back during the restore without messing up with the software of the KitKat version.

In my situation, should I only save the apps+datas and not the system apps+datas? If so, how can I save my Android parameters (HS, system menu options etc.)

Thank you a lot!!

Nemorensis

stanley08
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemorensis32 View Post
Hi!

I am aware that this is a silly question and we have loads of tutorials on the Internet, however, having had many bad experiences, I prefer to ask the question here after I've checked the other topics.
Sorry for that and thank for your help.

I am about to flash KitKat but I would like :
- to avoid to reconfigure all the parameters of my Note 3 (home screen, icons, and all little details who take ages to configure...)
- to save all my games and softwares, including savegames, configuration etc.

I am on 4.3 and I wonder what boxes I need to tick to get everything back during the restore without messing up with the software of the KitKat version.

In my situation, should I only save the apps+datas and not the system apps+datas? If so, how can I save my Android parameters (HS, system menu options etc.)

Thank you a lot!!

Nemorensis
1, If you update OTA, you might not have to configure anything. You just keep using phone as long as you have no issues. If/when you do, you will need to full wipe and reconfigure. Btw it takes me 1 hr to restore apps and configure everything. Lol.
2. For App+Dats backup, Titanium Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TitaniumBackup)
Also, you should buy the Paid version to unlock all features.

Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Bootloader Status: UNLOCKED!
ROM: eXistenZ v2.0.0
Kernel: Stock

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: Paranoid Android Alpha
Kernel: Stock PA

JOIN THE XPERIA Z2 FACEBOOK GROUP HERE
MAXIMIZE THE BATTERY LIFE OF YOUR ANDROID DEVICE

Retired
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Sony Xperia Arc, Sony Xperia Neo V, HTC Desire HD
Tags
4.3, kitkat, restore, system, titanium