Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Difference between the gpe and regular moto g as far as performance and battery

Tip us?

wstruction
Old
(Last edited by wstruction; 15th February 2014 at 02:44 AM.) Reason: forgot to add something
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Difference between the gpe and regular moto g as far as performance and battery

So I am thinking about flashing a google play edition and I know some of the major differences between the two. But I was just wondering if there were any differences as far as performance and battery life. Just kinda wondering. And also how much of a difference? I apologize if this has already been answered.
Thanks!
-Will

Ascona79
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There shouldn't be much difference in performance or batterylife.
Because there is not that much difference between original and gpe, as far as I know. GPE lacks only a few Motorola Apps and F2fs (a new FileSystem). F2fs has a better performance, but I don't know if it is a huge difference.

prince.raja
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I flashed gpe.. Getting around 50 to 100 mb more free RAM in gpe.. Not much difference in battery life & performance

RollVGE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi, well I flashed GPE and when i tried share APK file for bluetooth and immediately send a error and sharing is canceled, all in the room GPE works fine, and obtain more free space in RAM and System, no difference in the battery and performance