Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rom Recommendations

Tip us?

CarvellW
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Rom Recommendations

Hi LG Optimus G Fans,

So I got a new LG Optimus G and about to root and unlock boot loader. (im new to all of this). What i want now is recommendations for the best and most stable rom available for this device. Just leave your comments and let me know what you think.

optimusv45
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvellW View Post
Hi LG Optimus G Fans,

So I got a new LG Optimus G and about to root and unlock boot loader. (im new to all of this). What i want now is recommendations for the best and most stable rom available for this device. Just leave your comments and let me know what you think.
There are quite a few solid roms. Look at what people say about them and try it out. I was on kitkat for a few months, can't name a single kitkat feature that I use, so went back to 4.3. Now everything is solid with plenty of features. You really gotta just try some
The Following User Says Thank You to optimusv45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DraginMagik
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I really like slim roms. They have been the most stable and have a great feature set. 4.3 and 4.4 have been excellent.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565752

[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat (geeb) [build 3][02/16/2014][Official]

But as mentioned above...read a bunch, try a few, nandroid is your friend. Enjoy.

- sent from my SlimLG
dM
"...and it's also a phone."

LG Optimus G (E970)
Carbon ROM 4.3 w/ TWRP v2.6
64GB sdcard formatted with exFat
The Following User Says Thank You to DraginMagik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CarvellW
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the feedback guys

CarvellW
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If i put on the latest TWRP, will i be able to flash all roms or just KitKat based roms?

optimusv45
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
If i put on the latest TWRP, will i be able to flash all roms or just KitKat based roms?
I had to switch recovery when I flashed back to 4.3. the kitkat twrp may not be able to flash 4.3 roms.

DraginMagik
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Edit......

- sent from my SlimLG
dM
"...and it's also a phone."

LG Optimus G (E970)
Carbon ROM 4.3 w/ TWRP v2.6
64GB sdcard formatted with exFat

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1,124
Vanir. I get the best battery life, I had posted 6hrs in the thread. I normally avg 4-5 though due to poor T-Mobile service here.

Sent from my Optimus G
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

bgkone
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hi, i am using Beanstalk 01/27/14 rom + AK kernel from MiZrY in the thread to carbon/psx rom.
Rom very smooth rum assuring not underestimated the frequency and reduced voltage, brightness on auto, using the game as well as on the Internet, missing no less than 4h of screen, and 5h+ and keeps stable
Dont work led notification, so like a stable rom, I use the second week, problems not encountered

Click image for larger version

Name:	vv.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	2590435
The Following User Says Thank You to bgkone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CarvellW
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkone View Post
Hi, i am using Beanstalk 01/27/14 rom + AK kernel from MiZrY in the thread to carbon/psx rom.
Rom very smooth rum assuring not underestimated the frequency and reduced voltage, brightness on auto, using the game as well as on the Internet, missing no less than 4h of screen, and 5h+ and keeps stable
Dont work led notification, so like a stable rom, I use the second week, problems not encountered

Attachment 2590435
I will look into the Beanstalk rom

Tags
flashing, recommendation, rom