Wifi keeping my HOX awake

OP TresPasserus

6th February 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 6

111 posts
More
After trying variuos ROMs (2 variants of Sense ROMs and this CM11 one) I am still unable to avoid a serious and quite known problem: when connected to Wifi my battery drains fast. After installing BBS I noticed that the phone doesn't go into deep sleep. Something is keeping it awake. The strange thing about this issue is that just a few of the HOX's seem to be affected. I'm curious what do you guys think about it and maybe you have some advices? I really love my HOX, but this is shortening my battery life too much. I'd rather try everything before selling the device. Thank you in advance.
18th February 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cluj-Napoca

111 posts
More
I attached a BBS log. With current settings (location reporting and stuff) if I disable Wifi everything is ok.

BBS Log

P.S. Also tried relocking, reflashing firmware, unlocking then flashing custom ROM but still no luck...
Last edited by TresPasserus; 18th February 2014 at 10:15 AM.
18th February 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag Solo
Thanks Meter: 171

243 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wifi-advance untick scanning always

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

32 posts
Hi, I had this problem too in history with all my phones. Problem was not on phone, but in WiFi router's settings. Do you have problem only on certail WiFi network or on all WiFi networks? Do you have this problem too when you are not near WiFi (for example in forest...)?
19th February 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cluj-Napoca

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejvik1990

Hi, I had this problem too in history with all my phones. Problem was not on phone, but in WiFi router's settings. Do you have problem only on certail WiFi network or on all WiFi networks? Do you have this problem too when you are not near WiFi (for example in forest...)?

I'm having this problem with my home & office router. Didn't have the chance to test with other routers. I keep wifi on at all times but once the connection to the wifi network is closed, problem is gone. It must be in the software somewhere because my router is way older than the problem. Maybe with the update to JB HTC broke compat with some routers or their settings? Who knows... My wife has the HTC Desire 500 and she doesn't have this issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread