No registration required

[Q] Flashed a new rom and erased twrp by mistake, no os no twrp

OP Tots85

19th February 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi,

This has not been a good month for me. I have falshed several roms in the past to my kindle fire and my HTC One with success, never encountered any problem. However, this month I managed to brick, both my kindle and my HTC. I finally ubricked my HTC One and I hope to get some guidance to unbrick my kindle fire 1st generation.

My kindle used to have Cyanogenmod and I was trying to update it since my battery was lasting that much. I first made a backup, just in case something went wrong. However, when erasing cache and dalvik I also by mistake erased the backup and suddenly I had no OS (however, I still had twrp). Then I thought making my kindle stock again and then rooting again was a good idea but it wasnt, since running a .zip file which had Amazon stock softwear erased twrp and I am now stock in the kindlfire white and orange logo.

What I have tried.

My computer runs windows 8.1. However, since windows 8.1 was not compatible and probably is not comaptible with anything, with hboot 1.44 (which my HTC One had) I created a bootable usb running ubuntu 12.04 (which thanks to the gudinace of nkk17 I was able to ubricked my HTC). Before today, I tried ubricking my kindle with windows 8.1 and I actually got to the point where the kindle was recognized by windows (for a second I thought I was going to acheive something) as a Kindle, however I was not able to send commands (did read several forums, treads and information about commands in windows, but had no luck).

I hope ubuntu helps me unbrick my kindle (of course with the help and guidance of xda members).

Having said the above, my kindle currently turns on but is stuck in the kindle white and orange logo.

I have runned several commands in ubuntu, but my devices is not listed. I did order a factory cable, however since I am loacted in Mexico it is going to take some time to get it and hope to fix it before that.

Can anybody helpme please (I have read multiple threads starting from the beginers guides but have had no sucess). Help will be most appreciated.
19th February 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,764

2,193 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tots85

Hi,

This has not been a good month for me. I have falshed several roms in the past to my kindle fire and my HTC One with success, never encountered any problem. However, this month I managed to brick, both my kindle and my HTC. I finally ubricked my HTC One and I hope to get some guidance to unbrick my kindle fire 1st generation.

My kindle used to have Cyanogenmod and I was trying to update it since my battery was lasting that much. I first made a backup, just in case something went wrong. However, when erasing cache and dalvik I also by mistake erased the backup and suddenly I had no OS (however, I still had twrp). Then I thought making my kindle stock again and then rooting again was a good idea but it wasnt, since running a .zip file which had Amazon stock softwear erased twrp and I am now stock in the kindlfire white and orange logo.

What I have tried.

My computer runs windows 8.1. However, since windows 8.1 was not compatible and probably is not comaptible with anything, with hboot 1.44 (which my HTC One had) I created a bootable usb running ubuntu 12.04 (which thanks to the gudinace of nkk17 I was able to ubricked my HTC). Before today, I tried ubricking my kindle with windows 8.1 and I actually got to the point where the kindle was recognized by windows (for a second I thought I was going to acheive something) as a Kindle, however I was not able to send commands (did read several forums, treads and information about commands in windows, but had no luck).

I hope ubuntu helps me unbrick my kindle (of course with the help and guidance of xda members).

Having said the above, my kindle currently turns on but is stuck in the kindle white and orange logo.

I have runned several commands in ubuntu, but my devices is not listed. I did order a factory cable, however since I am loacted in Mexico it is going to take some time to get it and hope to fix it before that.

Can anybody helpme please (I have read multiple threads starting from the beginers guides but have had no sucess). Help will be most appreciated.

I have never heard of some commands.. I will have to give them a try... Thx for the great work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread