FORUMS

Android System WebView Update – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Android Webview is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android … more

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

problem with CWM and SpeedMod

19th February 2014, 11:10 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
hi everybody
first of all thank you guys for your amazing works
I've just got some questions
i've Ace Plus GT-S7500 only
and i read about the CWM 6.0.3.5 here in forum and i installed it using terminal emulator and it works
but now i'm trying to install speedmod 4.4.2 and i did the full wipe before installing .. but it didn't work
I asked some people one of them said that i have to install CWM 6.0.4.5 to install speedmod .. i searched through this forum and i found how to do it .. i did it exactly as they said it was just installing form CWM recovery bit it didn't work also
in the background there is a "dead android man" with a triangle and (!) inside ..
thanks god i could restore the 2.3.6 stock rom ...
can anubody help me please ??
and thanks
 
 
19th February 2014, 06:56 PM |#2  
ANDROID-000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmeD-Shifflin

hi everybody
first of all thank you guys for your amazing works
I've just got some questions
i've Ace Plus GT-S7500 only
and i read about the CWM 6.0.3.5 here in forum and i installed it using terminal emulator and it works
but now i'm trying to install speedmod 4.4.2 and i did the full wipe before installing .. but it didn't work
I asked some people one of them said that i have to install CWM 6.0.4.5 to install speedmod .. i searched through this forum and i found how to do it .. i did it exactly as they said it was just installing form CWM recovery bit it didn't work also
in the background there is a "dead android man" with a triangle and (!) inside ..
thanks god i could restore the 2.3.6 stock rom ...
can anubody help me please ??
and thanks

i use cwm 6.0.2.3 and just follow the installation guide in op and all will work except the bug in the list. just read the whole thread of speedmod and you will get an answer
20th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID-000

i use cwm 6.0.2.3 and just follow the installation guide in op and all will work except the bug in the list. just read the whole thread of speedmod and you will get an answer

i did wipe cache,dalvik and factory reset .. and format system .. but it didn't work
also when i tried to flash the CWM 6.0.4.5 it didn't work too
is there another way than using odin ?
21st February 2014, 03:04 AM |#4  
trendchanger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmeD-Shifflin

i did wipe cache,dalvik and factory reset .. and format system .. but it didn't work
also when i tried to flash the CWM 6.0.4.5 it didn't work too
is there another way than using odin ?

u mea to say flashin different version of CWM also fails???
u tried flashing twrp?
personal experience i am on 6.0.4 everything is ok..
in Odin flash the cwm ...
21st February 2014, 09:35 AM |#5  
Androidoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag indore
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
i have flashed it with cwm 5.5 and no bugs other than listed in the thread of speedmod..!!
21st February 2014, 09:47 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
yeah i tried to flash another version of CWM but it didn't work ... Does it make sense i couldn't flash roms or CWM versions because i flash the CWM 6.0.3.5 using terminal emulator ? :\
and I didn't try to flash twrp but if i want to .. how could i overwrite cwm and replace with twrp ?
and if i tried to flash speedmod using odin it's gonna work right ?
but i prefer to stay away from odin because it's dangerous a little for me as a beginner
21st February 2014, 11:38 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
now i'm trying to install jelly plus rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649307
it was the same result it didn't work too
there is a guy said that some mobiles can not install roms directly from CWM .. he said that i should install it using odin .. is that true ?
please i need help guys
21st February 2014, 12:17 PM |#8  
Androidoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag indore
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Thumbs up
just flash correct recovery through odin,any cwm version will work,listed in forums for our device,then just wipe data,cache,dalvik and flash the rom,i have done it about 10-20 times now,nothing has ever gone wrong..!!!
just follow the correct steps..!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes