Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N9005 won't pick up 3G networks

Tip us?

skalium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default N9005 won't pick up 3G networks

Hi guys,
My actual phone info:
Bought with JB Stock Vodafone from Spain
Imei unlocked
Updated over OTA to kitkat
rooted via CF auto root.
Knox tripped
Phone info:
XXUENA6
XXUENA2
VFGENA4

For a week, I looked all over XDA forums, read all threads but I still can't find a solution for my n9005 problem.
Here it is: I bought one in Spain, imei unlocked it to use it Morocco. Everything worked just fine and I could use gsm network with a sim from IAM (Moroccan Provider). I then set up mobile APN to have 3G, made sure my sim is 3g enabled, but the phone refused to pick up the 3g signal. I checked the phone's mobile network settings, and found that I haf only 2 options: gsm/wcdma automatic, and wcdma only options.
Well, since Maroc Telecom(IAM) isn't offering a 4G coverage yet, I think that's normal not to have the 4g option. Still, When I use the automatic option I only get 2g signal (and can read my mails over gprs,get twitter notifications, but no internet via browser, etc..).
When I choose Wcdma only option, I simply have no network signal at all.
When searching manually for networks, I get all 3 moroccan's providers but only their 2g networks.
I was prompted for the kitkat update via OTA, updated but it didn't solve the unavailable 3g problem(and caused a few others I managed to solve).
Now, I rooted my n9005 using cf auto root, and off course tripped knox, tried to reset the phone many times, but still no way to have a 3g signal.
Thought about installing a compatible Rom, but I am a newbie, coming from the Apple world, and need some help with this.
Actually, it amuses me that I really waited until android started to ressemble to IOS to decide to switch once for all to Android
Please guys, if you have any idea to help me get the 3G signal, that would be awsome.
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalium View Post
Hi guys,
My actual phone info:
Bought with JB Stock Vodafone from Spain
Imei unlocked
Updated over OTA to kitkat
rooted via CF auto root.
Knox tripped
Phone info:
XXUENA6
XXUENA2
VFGENA4

For a week, I looked all over XDA forums, read all threads but I still can't find a solution for my n9005 problem.
Here it is: I bought one in Spain, imei unlocked it to use it Morocco. Everything worked just fine and I could use gsm network with a sim from IAM (Moroccan Provider). I then set up mobile APN to have 3G, made sure my sim is 3g enabled, but the phone refused to pick up the 3g signal. I checked the phone's mobile network settings, and found that I haf only 2 options: gsm/wcdma automatic, and wcdma only options.
Well, since Maroc Telecom(IAM) isn't offering a 4G coverage yet, I think that's normal not to have the 4g option. Still, When I use the automatic option I only get 2g signal (and can read my mails over gprs,get twitter notifications, but no internet via browser, etc..).
When I choose Wcdma only option, I simply have no network signal at all.
When searching manually for networks, I get all 3 moroccan's providers but only their 2g networks.
I was prompted for the kitkat update via OTA, updated but it didn't solve the unavailable 3g problem(and caused a few others I managed to solve).
Now, I rooted my n9005 using cf auto root, and off course tripped knox, tried to reset the phone many times, but still no way to have a 3g signal.
Thought about installing a compatible Rom, but I am a newbie, coming from the Apple world, and need some help with this.
Actually, it amuses me that I really waited until android started to ressemble to IOS to decide to switch once for all to Android
Please guys, if you have any idea to help me get the 3G signal, that would be awsome.
Thank you in advance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581888
flash this kernel and see if that helps sometimes they do

skalium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very Jaythenut. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know if it works.
Thanks again

skalium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581888
flash this kernel and see if that helps sometimes they do
Just a quick feedback. This kernel didn't help. Same problem. Thanks for your suggestion.