Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

DirectStylus does not work

OP Matrix_DC

12th February 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
I have a problem on Advent Tegra Note 7 when I pull a stylus so I start an application designed for touch pen. Tablet simply does not respond to that, I took a stylus. I tried to restart the tablet. It did not help, just all of a sudden it stopped working.I do not have Root. Android version is 4.3 / JSS15J.15576_311.0064

Does anyone have any idea where is the problem?
12th February 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
Do you have absolutly no input from the stylus, or is the input not what you would expect? Clarify, please.
12th February 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brno

27 posts
More
When you pull the stylus away from the tablet, so the tablet does not start the application, which is triggered when the touch pen drawn.

Here is video:
Last edited by Matrix_DC; 12th February 2014 at 08:30 PM.
12th February 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #4  

62 posts
Ahh, thanks. i think you should return it, your tablet does not even show the additional buttons in the navbar, seems like some sensor or something is broken.
i would suspect a hardware issue!
12th February 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brno

27 posts
More
I hope it will be just a software bug. As I happened by itself that I launched the application as if it was pulled out (pen), but was still plugged.

Last chance is to do a factory reset, but in that I really want, I do not want to lose data.
12th February 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #6  

62 posts
Just wondering, cause even if you set that nothing should happen when you pull out the stylus, you get the additional navbar buttons.
but in your case.. nothing. i dont think that you can turn those off, so i think it must be an hardware issue that prevents the stylus recognition completly.. =(
12th February 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I had that problem, try unscrewing the metal end and there is a metal screw inside, either tighten or loosen it and put it back together. Mine would not detect the stylus but when I loosened the screw inside it lined the detection magnets up better and now it works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to gameaddict20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brno

27 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameaddict20

I had that problem, try unscrewing the metal end and there is a metal screw inside, either tighten or loosen it and put it back together. Mine would not detect the stylus but when I loosened the screw inside it lined the detection magnets up better and now it works fine.

Wauuuu thank you works fine :P
19th February 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameaddict20

I have the same problem, but this method doesn't work... I'm sad...
Can anyone help me?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread