Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DirectStylus does not work

Tip us?

Matrix_DC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Info 2 DirectStylus does not work

I have a problem on Advent Tegra Note 7 when I pull a stylus so I start an application designed for touch pen. Tablet simply does not respond to that, I took a stylus. I tried to restart the tablet. It did not help, just all of a sudden it stopped working.I do not have Root. Android version is 4.3 / JSS15J.15576_311.0064

Does anyone have any idea where is the problem?

cars10k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Do you have absolutly no input from the stylus, or is the input not what you would expect? Clarify, please.

Matrix_DC
Old
(Last edited by Matrix_DC; 12th February 2014 at 08:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
When you pull the stylus away from the tablet, so the tablet does not start the application, which is triggered when the touch pen drawn.

Here is video:

cars10k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Ahh, thanks. i think you should return it, your tablet does not even show the additional buttons in the navbar, seems like some sensor or something is broken.
i would suspect a hardware issue!

Matrix_DC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I hope it will be just a software bug. As I happened by itself that I launched the application as if it was pulled out (pen), but was still plugged.

Last chance is to do a factory reset, but in that I really want, I do not want to lose data.

cars10k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just wondering, cause even if you set that nothing should happen when you pull out the stylus, you get the additional navbar buttons.
but in your case.. nothing. i dont think that you can turn those off, so i think it must be an hardware issue that prevents the stylus recognition completly.. =(

gameaddict20
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had that problem, try unscrewing the metal end and there is a metal screw inside, either tighten or loosen it and put it back together. Mine would not detect the stylus but when I loosened the screw inside it lined the detection magnets up better and now it works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to gameaddict20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Matrix_DC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameaddict20 View Post
I had that problem, try unscrewing the metal end and there is a metal screw inside, either tighten or loosen it and put it back together. Mine would not detect the stylus but when I loosened the screw inside it lined the detection magnets up better and now it works fine.
Wauuuu thank you works fine :P

chrnodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameaddict20 View Post
I have the same problem, but this method doesn't work... I'm sad...
Can anyone help me?