• LG STOCK

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • LENOVO CAMERA

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
People that dont like the LG G2 camera app. Heres a solution by Lenovo.
ps. posted this here in general instead of themes and apps, because its ment to compare and discuss.

As seen in Xda News
Xda News page

Read here:
It’s no secret that the AOSP camera leaves a lot to be desired. Sony, for example, decided to give its users the ability to insert a dinosaur or a volcano into their photos. There are also many other alternatives, such as the famous Focal app by XDA Senior Recognized Developer XpLoDWilD. It’s also interesting to note that some less common device OEMs make a pretty decent camera application as well, which can compete with those released by HTC or Samsung.

One such OEM is Lenovo, which released a camera app known as Lenovo Super Camera. The name isn’t too original, but the functionality of application is. And now, it’s available to all users, thanks to XDA Senior Member a2441918.

The application uses an unnecessarily large set of permissions including direct calling, but the developer responsible for a port removed it and gave users a choice between two versions. The only disadvantage of this mod is a broken Panorama Mode, but the rest of features work just fine. The modified camera app should work without major issues on Android 4.3 and 4.4.

If you are disappointed in your camera application and find your photo quality not good enough, you should consider visiting the application thread and giving Lenovo Super Camera a shot.​

I look forward to comparassion by you guys and discussion!
Also use the poll !

Compassion of LG stock app and Lenovo app: (good light condition) (tried with D802)

LG stock app: 3.46 MB 1/15 f/2.4 3.97mm ISO500
Look here for picture with LG stock

Lenovo app: 4.69 MB 1/14 f/2.4 3.97mm ISO700
Look here for picture with Lenovo app

low light is coming later this day

Creds go to @a2441918

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
remember to fix resolution

Last edited:

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
I've already been using the lenovo camera for a long time. Deleted because of the galery app had some adverts etc.

But actually the lg camera(app) is pretty fine.

nikoo6

Oct 3, 2012
Is it the same lgcamera than stock app? I thought they were the same but not much time ago i searched lgcamera and didnt find anything

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

ATHM50

Jan 5, 2012
Any VS980 owners using this camera on a AOSP ROM? I'm hoping to go AOSP and keep a great camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People that dont like the LG G2 camera app. Heres a solution by Lenovo.
    ps. posted this here in general instead of themes and apps, because its ment to compare and discuss.

As seen in Xda News
    Xda News page

Read here:
    It’s no secret that the AOSP camera leaves a lot to be desired. Sony, for example, decided to give its users the ability to insert a dinosaur or a volcano into their photos. There are also many other alternatives, such as the famous Focal app by XDA Senior Recognized Developer XpLoDWilD. It’s also interesting to note that some less common device OEMs make a pretty decent camera application as well, which can compete with those released by HTC or Samsung.

One such OEM is Lenovo, which released a camera app known as Lenovo Super Camera. The name isn’t too original, but the functionality of application is. And now, it’s available to all users, thanks to XDA Senior Member a2441918.

The application uses an unnecessarily large set of permissions including direct calling, but the developer responsible for a port removed it and gave users a choice between two versions. The only disadvantage of this mod is a broken Panorama Mode, but the rest of features work just fine. The modified camera app should work without major issues on Android 4.3 and 4.4.

If you are disappointed in your camera application and find your photo quality not good enough, you should consider visiting the application thread and giving Lenovo Super Camera a shot.​

I look forward to comparassion by you guys and discussion!
    Also use the poll !

Compassion of LG stock app and Lenovo app: (good light condition) (tried with D802)

LG stock app: 3.46 MB 1/15 f/2.4 3.97mm ISO500
    Look here for picture with LG stock

Lenovo app: 4.69 MB 1/14 f/2.4 3.97mm ISO700
    Look here for picture with Lenovo app

low light is coming later this day

Creds go to @a2441918

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
    remember to fix resolution
    I've already been using the lenovo camera for a long time. Deleted because of the galery app had some adverts etc.

But actually the lg camera(app) is pretty fine.

i also think that the lg stock is pretty good, but the lenovo at a load of cool effects like tilt shift and color effects