[Q] KitKat for galaxy 5 (i5500)?

Search This thread

Angelo_13

Oct 8, 2013
I've a nexus 5 and a galaxy 5 and i thinked that i want make a ROM for the galaxy 5 with KitKat.. Do you think it's possible? Is it hard to do? I've never made a ROM before..

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
I've a nexus 5 and a galaxy 5 and i thinked that i want make a ROM for the galaxy 5 with KitKat.. Do you think it's possible? Is it hard to do? I've never made a ROM before..

As Vagelis1608 gave you the link, it is for CM11 (KitKat Rom). If you have never made a rom before, you can't make a kitkat ROM. You may mod already existing jb roms to look like kk. But to get original KitKat, you will need to compile the whole stuff from the source code and this is what a developer can do.

Last edited:

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Hi, I have galaxy 5, and I tried upgrade android few days ago, by samsung kies, to version 2.2. How install android 4.4 KitKat on this phone ? I need newer version than 2.2 ? There is any tutorial step by step how to do everything right ? Maybe somebody knows how to register to madteam forum, I don't understand one question: AntiBot: What is the Madteam Creator Name? Check the logo...: ? What is optimal sd card size for this phone ? Where I can get better batery and there is any opportunity to renew/change buttons, covers, screen, etc. ? Sorry for dumb questions, I nothing to do for my phone, when I get it :eek:
Take a look here ;)

Xperimenter

Aug 7, 2016
Bedford
Take a look here:
Sent from my GT-I5500 [CM11]

As a new user I had to remove your link to the madteam thread index.php?topic=5883.0

Hi,

Just wanted to say that 5 days ago I knew zilch , nada, nothing, zero about Android phones or their workings but thanks to this site and its many contributors I now not only have at the very least a superficial awareness of the numerous elements involved in making an Android phone function but also have finally rooted (a donation to shortfuse.org is on its way) my Samsung Europa (GT-I5500) which currently is using Build FROYO.XWJQ3.

All I want to do now is upgrade to CM11 and 5 hours or more since rooting all I have done is gone round in circles because of links that are dead. I understand that I am looking for info on a device that is long past it's sell by but should not XDA have archived all the relevant files etc ?

Perhaps the fault is mainly mine being a complete noobie but I have spent so many hours trying to get up to speed that right now I am so exhausted mentally I am switching off and will return another day to continue researching.

Not sure why I decided to post to you other than that I came across your name many times while searching the forum. If you have the time and patience to point me in the right direction regarding upgrades it would be most appreciated.

Legloas

Sep 23, 2014
BH

Possible it is, however, it is necessary to remove components and applications that consume many resources, because the device has usable 181MB and a CPU can only run up to 768MH.

Legloas

Sep 23, 2014
BH
CM11 (KitKat) already exists for the GT-I5500
Yes, I tested one with name cm-11.0.0-GT-I5500-galaxy5.zip
(source: vinloren.blogspot.com/2016/09/android-kitkat-su-samsung-corby-gt-i5500.html )

The system works properly but it has some laggy, the CPU stays at maximum even without recent applications. I cant open whatsapp.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts