Tip us?

shant0nu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Yes its Knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
So essentially this gives you stock kitkat with 4.3 modem? Does it wipe data? Trigger Knox?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
I think yes. I don't know as I already have knox ox1 lol.

Andres Madrid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hello i had a question

i has to install the rom from telus, becaouse if i install another, i lost the LTE capability, and i dont know why, i tried to install this rom(telcel) and i had two problems, lost of the lte capability and i was unable to activate by this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2489766), and the second problem was the network lock, so i can use on my network, anybody can help me????

c_est_la_vie
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Question I installed this sucessfully on my SM-N900W8, but with problems

Hi everyone, I installed this method on my SM-N900W8 and have successfully updated to 4.4.2 KitKat, but there were some problems:

1- My LTE doesn't work, so I've had to put up with slow data
2- My External SDHC card (64GB Sandisk) wasn't compatible for files such as music, videos, etc.

I installed 4.4.2 right when this thread was posted about a month ago and figured that since the official KitKat update was coming soon, I didn't think I'd have to put up with it for that long, but it's been a while and still we have no KitKat.

I also read that once you flash 4.4 KitKat, you cannot go back to 4.3, is that true with this method, since the 4.3 Kernel is still the same?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here!

(In the meantime, I'm going to try my luck with this new 4.4.2 custom ROM that was released for the SM-N900W8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2648843) (I believe shant0nu here in this thread authored this one!)

p.s. My carrier is Telus, if that matters at all.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_est_la_vie View Post
Hi everyone, I installed this method on my SM-N900W8 and have successfully updated to 4.4.2 KitKat, but there were some problems:

1- My LTE doesn't work, so I've had to put up with slow data
2- My External SDHC card (64GB Sandisk) wasn't compatible for files such as music, videos, etc.

I installed 4.4.2 right when this thread was posted about a month ago and figured that since the official KitKat update was coming soon, I didn't think I'd have to put up with it for that long, but it's been a while and still we have no KitKat.

I also read that once you flash 4.4 KitKat, you cannot go back to 4.3, is that true with this method, since the 4.3 Kernel is still the same?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here!

(In the meantime, I'm going to try my luck with this new 4.4.2 custom ROM that was released for the SM-N900W8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2648843) (I believe shant0nu here in this thread authored this one!)

p.s. My carrier is Telus, if that matters at all.
You can downgrade back to 4.3 if you flashed the right files. Read the guide here.