[MOD][Xposed] S-View ALL the covers

Search This thread

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010
just to be sure you have deactivated the modul in xposed framework. Cause tkari4 also thought it is fixed but after a factory data reset it won´t work anymore without the module.
Thanks.

Yes module is disabled.
It's still working since I have flashed last update this morning.
I didn't wipe except cache and dalvik, I used MOP.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hmmmm...

I made my deodexed NB3 version, flashed it and non Samsung S View Cover is working.

Clean install, no Xposed installed.

CSC: XEH

:D

:confused:

roswell782

Apr 30, 2011
MLJ
That's really weird. I have tried with 3 fakes S View cases, put them some hours to play, they work as good as my genuine ones.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

enop4

Dec 13, 2011
Guatemala
Same problem of air command although in 4.3 it was working properly. Ps. I know that opening the lid first, works. Just sharing.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

roswell782

Apr 30, 2011
MLJ
Hmmmm...

I made my deodexed NB3 version, flashed it and non Samsung S View Cover is working.

Clean install, no Xposed installed.

CSC: XEH

:D

:confused:

Ok something new here.
After flashed a custom rom (deodexed), my non genuine S View cover STOP working.
Flashed back to stock firmware (odexed) and now they work!
If you want, you can try and let me know if it's same for you!
Really weird thing...

Reactions: and2

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010
Ok something new here.
After flashed a custom rom (deodexed), my non genuine S View cover STOP working.
Flashed back to stock firmware (odexed) and now they work!
If you want, you can try and let me know if it's same for you!
Really weird thing...

I had the same problem, after adding my multi Dpi changes.

Apps for the Cover are sensible to the compression level in Apktool.

For example SViewCoverService.apk is working for me only with 0 compression level after editing.

;)

lucalaco

Jul 11, 2011
Today i bought a flip cover not original Samsung
i rooted the gn3
i installed the xposed framework and run the module but DONT WORK !!!!

if i put a magnet in the left down angle the sview start.....

There is a fix for this or not ??

nlatifolia

Jan 6, 2014
i rooted the gn3

If you do more read then you will find that fix is available, officially from Samsung, no longer need to root no longer need to install anything. Just be patient until it reach your phone via OTA.

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city
i rooted the gn3

Can you check if your cover has a built in magnet? If not I think you can't use auto wake up even this expose module.

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
I recently updated to UENB3 ROM and accidently forgot to disable the Mod before installing XposedFW. My case won't work now, the same after a (not clean) reinstall of the ROM. Will I have to do a factory reset or is there maybe another way?
Thanks in advance.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010
I recently updated to UENB3 ROM and accidently forgot to disable the Mod before installing XposedFW. My case won't work now, the same after a (not clean) reinstall of the ROM. Will I have to do a factory reset or is there maybe another way?
Thanks in advance.

I did it like you with the enabled module.

Re install, or factory reset can't help.

I got it work again with a custom Rom.
So, clean install (including system format) helped me.

It seems before firmware update the module must be disabled... :eek:

buutsbuuts

Jul 18, 2009
n9002

hi all...sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt really find it in search maybe i use the wrong term..

i have a dual sim note 3 n9002 and a nilkin s-view case with the magnet/chip just like the one in spigen...i have stock jb 4.3 rom and rooted...
my question is if this module can be installed in jb 4.3 rom?..as i cannot install it...why i need this is because my spigen case s-view doesnt work with my n9002 but works with n9005 also loaded with stock jb 4.3...but my n9002 s-view do work with original samsung s-view case...

wondering why is it because i have different model?...anyone with the same model that can use this?...thanks all...=)

Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
I did it like you with the enabled module.

Re install, or factory reset can't help.

I got it work again with a custom Rom.
So, clean install (including system format) helped me.

It seems before firmware update the module must be disabled... :eek:

In my case it was the fault of the kernel. I thought the kernel would not modify anything that belongs to S View but I was wrong.

So Samsung updated in a good way but there is one more concern. The home button.

Since KitKat no button seems to work when S View is closed. Neither I can wake up my device with the home button on my case nor I can activate the torch via volume up button. When opened, the torch problem persists. Also track control for music won't work. I wonder how to bring that functionality back.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

hi all...sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt really find it in search maybe i use the wrong term..

i have a dual sim note 3 n9002 and a nilkin s-view case with the magnet/chip just like the one in spigen...i have stock jb 4.3 rom and rooted...
my question is if this module can be installed in jb 4.3 rom?..as i cannot install it...why i need this is because my spigen case s-view doesnt work with my n9002 but works with n9005 also loaded with stock jb 4.3...but my n9002 s-view do work with original samsung s-view case...

wondering why is it because i have different model?...anyone with the same model that can use this?...thanks all...=)

It will be caused by the different model, more specific it seems to be caused by the kernel. As this is an app compiled for 4.4 and up, you can't use this mod on 4.3. Just take out the chip of the genuine one and put it in your third party one.

roswell782

Apr 30, 2011
MLJ
In my case it was the fault of the kernel. I thought the kernel would not modify anything that belongs to S View but I was wrong.

So Samsung updated in a good way but there is one more concern. The home button.

Since KitKat no button seems to work when S View is closed. Neither I can wake up my device with the home button on my case nor I can activate the torch via volume up button. When opened, the torch problem persists. Also track control for music won't work. I wonder how to bring that functionality back.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

It will be caused by the different model, more specific it seems to be caused by the kernel. As this is an app compiled for 4.4 and up, you can't use this mod on 4.3. Just take out the chip of the genuine one and put it in your third party one.

Thanks mate! I have flashed stock kernel on my custom rom and my non genuine S View Cover works now :D
I'll transmit the information on the Omega thread because others user must know

ipatemarian

Oct 22, 2013
Thank you very much for this module ,is wonderful.works perfect in ROM X-Note v.9 ,no works on rom X-Note v.10 ,no longer works with the new firmware update NB3 .Is there anything that can be done to go with the new firmware NB3 ???
Thank you very much !!! :good::good::good:

buutsbuuts

Jul 18, 2009

thanks for the reply...too bad the genuine case doesnt belongs to me...just trying them out from my friend...guess i just have to wait for rom updates to kitkat or a compatible mod...n9002 doesnt have official kitkat yet...

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010

CasTTeLLo

Mar 27, 2011
SGN3M & SGN4M
Thank you very much for this module ,is wonderful.works perfect in ROM X-Note v.9 ,no works on rom X-Note v.10 ,no longer works with the new firmware update NB3 .Is there anything that can be done to go with the new firmware NB3 ???
Thank you very much !!! :good::good::good:

on x note 10 u have to flash nb3 stock kernel to make it work.....✌

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

I recently got access to a Note 3 (it's not mine). I wanted to make S-View Music Controls support it so I went ahead and purchased a Spigen cover (still in shipping) and upgraded the device to KitKat, where apparently, Samsung disabled S-View for non genuine cases.

This module bypasses verification and forces S-View to work on 4.4.2.
    I can't test this since I don't have access to the device atm, nor do I have a case, but it's been confirmed working on two devices thus far :)

Compatibility:
    Note 3 with KitKat

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.sviewverificationbypasser

Source code:
    Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-SViewALLTheCovers
    You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    Great Man. Finally I can update to kitkat if its working.

Keep in mind this requires Xposed, which needs root :)
    The home button works with spigen case? ?? Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

No idea, I don't have a device to test.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Is it even possible to launch S-View programmatically? If so, someone could just write an app by checking the magnetic sensor.

There's a check done in SystemUI, so no.

This can be solved by case manufacturers, it seems that this isn't a move by Samsung to kill covers, but rather to make the covers more integrated, and this came as a side effect (whether they knew about that or not I don't know).

I'm guessing that on 4.3, they never checked the ID since there were only S-View covers, so reacting to the magnet was enough (as long as there was a chip on the back).
    In 4.4, that may have changed to checking the ID to distinguish between normal covers that should just toggle the display, S-View, and S-View with charging. It defaults to no case though.

Case manufacturers can simply make a similar chip that feeds ID type 1. I'm no hardware engineer, and I barely understand chips and how they work (this may even be solved by simply writing to the chip on current cases, if that can be done).

I'd love it if someone who knows a thing or two about EE can comment on how much BS I said :)

Edit: One more thing, I'm guessing they didn't check the magnet alone because of the issues that happened on the S4 (people working close to magnetic fields had the S-View screen shown all the time they were in that magnetic field)
    Have u try the case that doesnt have magnet at the front? I feel that the non original must a small magnet at the front.
    Is it work with non magnet?

Only magnet is required to activate it!

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Have u try the case that doesnt have magnet at the front? I feel that the non original must a small magnet at the front.
    Is it work with non magnet?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Maybe this mode disable the cip and activate sview by proximity censor.

Magnet is required, not using proximity sensor as I cover the proximity sensor part with a normal case only not working.