Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GT-I9001] Mobile data not working with custom ROM

Tip us?

cr0w90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [GT-I9001] Mobile data not working with custom ROM

Hi,

I try to get my mobile data working, but i haven't had success until yet!
I tried it with Stock ROM 2.3.6 and all worked fine. Next I installed CM11 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579431) and all worked perfect except mobile data. I tried to reinsert the APN settings, flash a new MODEM, install another ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587302) and restarted the phone a couple of times. It seems like mobile data is working with stock ROM, but not with any custom ROM!

My network provider is BOB (A1) - Austria.
My actual MODEM: XXKPM http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1343326851

Hope anyone can help me with this problem!
thx,
cr0w

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0w90 View Post
Hope anyone can help me with this problem!
How to fix NO Data, No Network, edge, 3G

cr0w90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for you help! I tried it out, set my phone number, installed the tool, but it didn't help!
I tried now to flash several Custom ROMs from older android versions, and I found out, that all versions work (also JB 4.2.2).

The only differences I found so far in the mobile settings:

- In JB i have an option "network mode" where is set "GSM/WCDMA preferred"

Could it be possible that the KK Roms have another setting regarding this mode and therefore my Roaming (I need/have to enable roaming, cause my provider roams in another providers net). And I don't find this option in the settings of KK Roms.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0w90 View Post
- In JB i have an option "network mode" where is set "GSM/WCDMA preferred" And I don't find this option in the settings of KK Roms.

In Kit kat Roms
go to settings> Wireless & Networks> More> Mobile Networks> Data enabled ticked will be wcdma
preferred network> 2G will be gsm
also Data Roaming ticked will allow roaming or you can chose the network you wish to connect by touching Network operators and select.

cr0w90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
In Kit kat Roms
go to settings> Wireless & Networks> More> Mobile Networks> Data enabled ticked will be wcdma
preferred network> 2G will be gsm
also Data Roaming ticked will allow roaming or you can chose the network you wish to connect by touching Network operators and select.

May I show you my logcat? I don't understand this problem! I installed today for testing purpose Cyanogenmod 10.2 and the mobile connection worked! So I thought, maybe I solved it and tried to update to CM 11 - the problem was still there. So after I tried 10 different ROMs and invested now two days I thought, I can also live with Android 4.3.2 - Cyanogenmod 10.2 and reflashed the ROM another time. But logically, mobile data didn't work anymore. When i reflash the STOCK ROM mobile data works everytime.

The log.txt is the log from STOCK where mobile data works. The other one is from the ROM i mentioned before. Hope you can tell me or find something! I don't understand why it worked already once with that ROM, and now it doesn't work anymore. So I think if we can find the problem, it will work with all ROM's.

Thx for your help!
cr0w
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (63.3 KB, 2 views)