[Q] Ideas for Keeping/Regaining LTE when going to 4.4.x based roms

19th February 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I wanted to gather this together in one place since I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this and it's scattered around. Has anyone managed to find a concrete way to go from *something* 4.3 (stock or not) to *any* 4.4-based ROM and keep LTE? It's driving me nuts! I'll outline the scenario I've found and maybe people can add:

* I go to stock 4.1.1 image with a totally clean flash
* I flash a 4.3 rom (I've only tried Liquid Smooth 2.37 though)
* I check Settings->More->Mobile Networks and see that mine shows the Network Mode as "GSM/WCDMA/LTE"
* I do that check via *#*#4636#*#* and see that yes, still shows as LTE/GSM auto (PRL)
* I flash a 4.4 rom (Tried latest LiquidSmooth 3.0, latest CarbonRom, latest Gummy, latest AOKP, latest Paranoid)
* I check the Settings->More->Mobile Networks and see that it now shows something else (sometimes just WCDMA preferred)
* I do that check via *#*#4636#*#* and see that it shows as something else as well ( WCDMA Preferred I think)

At this point it gets a little inconsistent. I've tried running through some of the suggestions people have a had such as changing those two place to the right thing and that either doesn't stick (not even going off the page and coming back let alone reboot). Sometimes it literally just flips back immediately. I could live with the not having LTE (almost). The thing I keep seeing (I don't see many others mention this) is that then my phone will semi-randomly decide that I have no signal at all (flips to the "NO SERVICE")-no data and no phone. I also find that I literally have to flash all the way back to a 100% stock rom in order to get it back again. Even a clean flash "down" to 4.3 roms doesn't fix it.
Last edited by l1nuxguy; 19th February 2014 at 07:50 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lte data 4.4 4.3
Previous Thread Next Thread