Originally Posted by decemberlast2013
I bought this second hand and I wanted to know how is it working out for you guys after 2 years
Shame to admit but terrible...
I am looking into repairs right now for the phone my girl used for the last two years. I bought her HTC HD7 for time being.
Well...here it goes:
1. Touch Screen goes funny, you need to lock-unlock the screen 1-2 times for it to react normally again.
2. The main case lock is a bit loose. The spring mechanism is still strong though making the screen semi detached from the main case. (I am really sorry for my English, I had a bottle of wine in me too, which I am sure doesn't help, but I hope you will get me) Basically the phone case is not locking fully.
3. USB port is dead. No, really dead! Charges under certain angle. Computer won't even recognize the phone.
4. Microphone is dying. People complain that I sound like I am using a speaker phone.
5. Power chip died a few month ago. Had to repair. They re-soldered it, which was pretty impressive considering the fact how small it is. (they gave me the old one in a plastic bag as a souvenir.
I mean, yes, my girl friend is not so good with Tech stuff... I beg you to check the phone yourself before buying it. It depends a lot on the user... They are not the highest quality build, although they certainly look very solid.
PS - power chip = power management chip. Won't charge/turn on