5,599,977 Members 45,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how is this phone holding up after 2 years?

Tip us?

decemberlast2013
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default how is this phone holding up after 2 years?

I bought this second hand and I wanted to know how is it working out for you guys after 2 years

Karachii
Old
(Last edited by Karachii; 15th February 2014 at 10:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decemberlast2013 View Post
I bought this second hand and I wanted to know how is it working out for you guys after 2 years
Shame to admit but terrible...
I am looking into repairs right now for the phone my girl used for the last two years. I bought her HTC HD7 for time being.
Well...here it goes:
1. Touch Screen goes funny, you need to lock-unlock the screen 1-2 times for it to react normally again.
2. The main case lock is a bit loose. The spring mechanism is still strong though making the screen semi detached from the main case. (I am really sorry for my English, I had a bottle of wine in me too, which I am sure doesn't help, but I hope you will get me) Basically the phone case is not locking fully.
3. USB port is dead. No, really dead! Charges under certain angle. Computer won't even recognize the phone.
4. Microphone is dying. People complain that I sound like I am using a speaker phone.
5. Power chip died a few month ago. Had to repair. They re-soldered it, which was pretty impressive considering the fact how small it is. (they gave me the old one in a plastic bag as a souvenir.

I mean, yes, my girl friend is not so good with Tech stuff... I beg you to check the phone yourself before buying it. It depends a lot on the user... They are not the highest quality build, although they certainly look very solid.

Regards,
A

PS - power chip = power management chip. Won't charge/turn on

berrywr
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachii View Post
Shame to admit but terrible...
I am looking into repairs right now for the phone my girl used for the last two years. I bought her HTC HD7 for time being.
Well...here it goes:
1. Touch Screen goes funny, you need to lock-unlock the screen 1-2 times for it to react normally again.
2. The main case lock is a bit loose. The spring mechanism is still strong though making the screen semi detached from the main case. (I am really sorry for my English, I had a bottle of wine in me too, which I am sure doesn't help, but I hope you will get me) Basically the phone case is not locking fully.
3. USB port is dead. No, really dead! Charges under certain angle. Computer won't even recognize the phone.
4. Microphone is dying. People complain that I sound like I am using a speaker phone.
5. Power chip died a few month ago. Had to repair. They re-soldered it, which was pretty impressive considering the fact how small it is. (they gave me the old one in a plastic bag as a souvenir.

I mean, yes, my girl friend is not so good with Tech stuff... I beg you to check the phone yourself before buying it. It depends a lot on the user... They are not the highest quality build, although they certainly look very solid.

Regards,
A

PS - power chip = power management chip. Won't charge/turn on
Got two of them and both work flawless and I've yet made the jump to WP8 though I recently bought a Lumia 520 for a friend's daughter and will likely make the jump soon. Still waiting on where some are going with the Samsung Ativ S and interop unlock.
Sincerely,

Bill

"To work in the service of life and the living..." John Denver

ST | AT&T ★ HTC Titan Eternity ★ Eburon v3.1 WP7.8 OS 7.10.8862 ★
ST | AT&T ★ HTC One M7 64GB Dev. Ed. ★ Kit Kat 4.4.1 ★
T-Mobile ★ NexusHD2 KitKat v4.42 Cynanogen v11.0 ★ 21 Jan 2014 ★ t ★ Data on EXT4 2GB ★ 64GB SDXC C10 ★

Christmas List ★ Nokia Lumia 1520 "Bandit" or HTC One "Max" ★

fjevel
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Sold mine to a friend which has a habit of breaking his phones, and now, a year and a half down the road, the phone is still going strong.

The metal bezel around the screen has changed color due to hard wear, and the back cover is both dented and scratched, but the phone it self is working as normal.

I would give this a 5 out of 6 for durability.

-KJ