tempered glass screen protectors

OP sashusmom

19th February 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Jersey
Thanks Meter: 536

1,284 posts
More
Tempered glass screen protectors. Anyone using them? I have put one on my iphone 5s and was really impressed. Found a no name brand and it worked well for $6. I can't pay alot for them. Goes against that sale instinct in me!

So it made me look for one for the mega. I had a cheap glare free plastic one on temporarily which was fine, but I wanted a glass one. Hard to find. Here's what I bought. $12.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111253895644...84.m1439.l2649

Put it on last nite. I used the hinged method, with an extra piece of tape on the free side for precise placement. It went on beautifully, but I thought I was sloppy cause I saw a fingerprint after application, and I was really mad at myself. But I was so meticulous, I couldn't believe it.

The more I worked with it, I saw it wasn't a fingerprint, but a portion of adhesion that didn't stick the size of a fingerprint. I worked it more, maybe the warmth of my fingers finally got it to adhere. So I was not sloppy afterall. If you have this problem, just give it a little time. I almost was tempted to lift it and clean, resisted the thought, and I was rewarded for my patience. It's a perfect application 8 hours later.
19th February 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #2  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,132

4,094 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm a perfectionist.... Couldn't do it lol selling my mega anyways

*S.O.F.A*2SHAYNEZ*K.C.C.O*
The Following User Says Thank You to shayneflashindaily For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Jersey

1,284 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

I'm a perfectionist.... Couldn't do it lol selling my mega anyways

Sorry to see you go Enjoy your next one!
The Following User Says Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #4  
Hendersonville NC

4,094 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom

Sorry to see you go Enjoy your next one!

Thank you lg g pro I think

20th February 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #5  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 242

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Thank you lg g pro I think

Take care shayneflashindaily, but sad to see you go..enjoy the new adventure.
20th February 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #6  
Hendersonville NC

4,094 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

Take care shayneflashindaily, but sad to see you go..enjoy the new adventure.

I'll still be here for another week or 2 but thanks I appreciate the kindness :beer: cheerz

20th February 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 168

1,117 posts
I can never fit a screen protector without getting a bit of dust underneath it, I'd hate to do that with a glass one.
22nd February 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Jersey

1,284 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troute

I can never fit a screen protector without getting a bit of dust underneath it, I'd hate to do that with a glass one.

I have applied 2. the iphone was perfect, the mega ended up with 1 tiny speck of dust on the top- off the screen, in the black perimeter. It only bothers me cause I know it's there. lol. If you use the hinged method, with that extra piece on the free end, and use a tape roll on the screen (tape rolled around your finger with the sticky side out) after you clean it, and right before you peel stage 1 on the protector do it again, you should be good. There are some pretty inexpensive glass ones now available. No way would I try it with a $30 one. I paid $12 for the mega one and that was big $$ for me!! lol

I also hear if you put your screen saver on after someone showers in the steamy bathroom it cuts down on all the dust! (tip from G) I never resorted to this, wanting to be comfortable at a table that has been cleaned well.
Last edited by sashusmom; 2nd April 2014 at 02:38 AM.
25th February 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 85

169 posts
you need to use the hinge method, with some tape on the side of the sceen protector/phone before you peel of the bottom part, but theres another trick i learned which i practice and lets me put a screen protector 100% perfect...

you do all this in the bathroom, before you do tho, you turn on the shower with hot water, and let the room get steamy.. picks up all the flying arrownd dust, and your screen protector will be 100% perfect.

try it on, thank me later.
The Following User Says Thank You to hristopelov For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #10  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have one of the screen protectors, i can say they are awesome, they make your screen feel so buttery smooth, I bought the Glass.m one and i havent got any finger print mark or oil, or even dust applying it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread