Tip us?

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2010

DONATE TO ME
Default Flashing T-Mobile Firmware to AT&T N900A Variant

Hi Everyone -

AT&T finally gave me the unlock code for my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A phone. I'd like the move it to T-Mobile, but have some questions before I do:

1. Is there any way to flash the T-Mobile/N900T firmware to an AT&T N900A variant? I'm talking the official factory firmware...CSC, bootloader, radio, everything needed to essentially do a complete conversion. I'm not interested in custom ROMs based on T-Mobile's firmware and that kind of thing. I assume if there is a way, it's not as simple as flashing N900T firmware in ODIN, since it would probably fail the model checks.

2. Is there any way of enabling the 1700 MHz AWS band for HSPA+ on an N900A? I know it works fine on T-Mobile LTE and will also work on HSPA+ in areas where T-Mobile has refarmed it for 1,900 MHz. I assume the 1,700 MHz lockout on the AT&T version is probably a software limitation inside the modem firmware.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE

Walter.White
Old
Thanks Meter 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
bootloader, radio
You can't flash them or you would get hard brick. If that were the case people would have already unlocked their BL's using T-Mobile :P

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2010

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter.White View Post
You can't flash them or you would get hard brick. If that were the case people would have already unlocked their BL's using T-Mobile :P
Figured.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE

chase89
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I wonder why it would hard brick though. With the exception of atts bl being locked, wouldn't it all be relatively the same? Would it be possible to clean up the n900T bl to match the n900a?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Samsung N900A

MC FLMJ1G
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Hi Everyone -

AT&T finally gave me the unlock code for my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A phone. I'd like the move it to T-Mobile, but have some questions before I do:

1. Is there any way to flash the T-Mobile/N900T firmware to an AT&T N900A variant? I'm talking the official factory firmware...CSC, bootloader, radio, everything needed to essentially do a complete conversion. I'm not interested in custom ROMs based on T-Mobile's firmware and that kind of thing. I assume if there is a way, it's not as simple as flashing N900T firmware in ODIN, since it would probably fail the model checks.

2. Is there any way of enabling the 1700 MHz AWS band for HSPA+ on an N900A? I know it works fine on T-Mobile LTE and will also work on HSPA+ in areas where T-Mobile has refarmed it for 1,900 MHz. I assume the 1,700 MHz lockout on the AT&T version is probably a software limitation inside the modem firmware.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2625946

Make sure you pay attention to the Modificatinator file and add the T-Mobile carrier file after installation. Works fine and much better than stock ATT junk rom.