XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM recovery boot loop

Tip us?

kdj005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] CWM recovery boot loop

I attempted to root a denver tac-70061 tablet in order to be able to switch the mounting of the internal and the external sdcards. I have only rooted once before; a denver tac-70031 tablet which was extremely easy to root by simply installing and running the superuser app. Unfortunately, it seemed that it was not as simple on the 70061.

As I am a novice, I followed the instructions blindly and read them through a number of times before attempting.
I followed a set of instructions which described downloading a zip file which contained adb for windows and some img and zip files to transfer to the sdcard.
I am using ubuntu, so I assumed that the adb which was installed along with android sdk would suffice.

I copied the required files to the root of the tablet's internal sd card and installed recovery via adb.
I unplugged the tablet and rebooted in recovery holding down volume-up while powering on.
When in recovery, the instructions told me to install superuser 3.1.3.zip from the sdcard but this file was not present.
When selecting 'reboot', the tablet kept rebooting to recovery and now seems to be stuck in a loop.

I hope that someone can help.
The Following User Says Thank You to kdj005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joey453245
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Factory Default reset?

How do you even get into the recovery menu. W/o I try, I get to the screen with the stupid robot laying down, and a ! inside a triangle showing. What buttons do you press to open recovery menu? On that page, no lists of stuff appear, and I want to reset the android tablet I used, also a TAC-70061, b/c it just keeps loading on the 3rd boot screen, and never gets passed it. Lame Denver product is not worth 2 cents. Apart from how annoyed I am, can you explain to me how to get into the factory reset and reset it/fix it?