5,597,937 Members 39,229 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 update causes strange glitch

Tip us?

ForcePhenomenon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also. It appears to happen on 4.3 regardless. I've gone back after a clean wipe and used the stock 4.3 Samsung Verizon OTA rom, n3bula, and jelly beans and all of them produced the same problem when bluetooth was enabled with my watch and headset connected and poweramp installed.

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcePhenomenon View Post
Also. It appears to happen on 4.3 regardless. I've gone back after a clean wipe and used the stock 4.3 Samsung Verizon OTA rom, n3bula, and jelly beans and all of them produced the same problem when bluetooth was enabled with my watch and headset connected and poweramp installed.
when you wipe do you also format internal sd?
Current XDA level: Make searches all by myself; not great at original knowledge.

SCH-I605
Current Rom: N3BULA 2
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK

ForcePhenomenon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkinDrunky View Post
when you wipe do you also format internal sd?
Correct, thought I'd noted that when I said clean wipe. I wiped internal storage, cache, everything you should when flashing a new rom, going to the point of doing it multiple times and even dirty flashing a few times to see if that would fix the problem (as it did fix some issues going on with n3bula and they actually recommend doing it.) But, nothing of the sort happened.

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Ok. I just can't belive that problem is persisting. Must be the radio? Did you say you flashed one of your backups, where any of them prior to the firmware update? That is if any have the radio backed up too. You could flash the zips for any of the older radios.
Current XDA level: Make searches all by myself; not great at original knowledge.

SCH-I605

ForcePhenomenon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkinDrunky View Post
Ok. I just can't belive that problem is persisting. Must be the radio? Did you say you flashed one of your backups, where any of them prior to the firmware update? That is if any have the radio backed up too. You could flash the zips for any of the older radios.
Why would it be the radio's fault. It has zero problems transmitting whatsoever, zero problems pairing, nothing. It just seems that as soon as any sound output comes from the phone, Poweramp immediately wants to kick on and start streaming music to my headset.

And no, I didn't flash one of my backups. Prior to all this when my Note was still 4.1.2 it had no problems. I suppose it 'could' be something with the MJ9 firmware but why would it only affect this certain circumstance?

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcePhenomenon View Post
Why would it be the radio's fault. It has zero problems transmitting whatsoever, zero problems pairing, nothing. It just seems that as soon as any sound output comes from the phone, Poweramp immediately wants to kick on and start streaming music to my headset.

And no, I didn't flash one of my backups. Prior to all this when my Note was still 4.1.2 it had no problems. I suppose it 'could' be something with the MJ9 firmware but why would it only affect this certain circumstance?
have no idea but since it was a variable in this situation I thought to try to rule it out for certain.

SCH-I605