Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unroot a L720 running MK2 4.3 Stock(ish) and the PhilZ Touch ver 6?

Tip us?

jtash01
Old
(Last edited by jtash01; 20th February 2014 at 02:03 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] How to unroot a L720 running MK2 4.3 Stock(ish) and the PhilZ Touch ver 6?

I have a L720 running the MK2 4.3 Stock(ish) and the PhilZ Touch ver 6. I want to remove all of these and reinstall the stock MK2 in advance of the new kitkat release. How do I remove all of these before reloading the stock MK2?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtash@kumc.edu View Post
I have a L720 running the MK2 4.3 Stock(ish) and the PhilZ Touch ver 6. I want to remove all of these and reinstall the stock MK2 in advance of the new kitkat release. How do I remove all of these before reloading the stock MK2?
Flash the stock MK2 file found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601443 and your phone will be back to stock unrooted and ready for the OTA. Your data will still be in tact.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

Dennis_H2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm hoping this is the right thread.

I'm fairly new to the S4 coming from an S2. I did root MK2 using SafeRoot method. I should not have tripped Knox or anything like that. I unrooted with SuperSU unroot option. Everything looks OK except the Device Status shows Custom. I haven't gotten the OTA yet, but when it comes in, is it safe to try, or am I going to have problems?

Thanks,
Dennis_H

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_H2 View Post
I'm hoping this is the right thread.

I'm fairly new to the S4 coming from an S2. I did root MK2 using SafeRoot method. I should not have tripped Knox or anything like that. I unrooted with SuperSU unroot option. Everything looks OK except the Device Status shows Custom. I haven't gotten the OTA yet, but when it comes in, is it safe to try, or am I going to have problems?

Thanks,
Dennis_H
It all depends if you modded or disabled anything in the system partition. Including the hotspot mod. If you have, the ota will fail and you need to Odin the stock mk2 tar.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

Dennis_H2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
It all depends if you modded or disabled anything in the system partition. Including the hotspot mod. If you have, the ota will fail and you need to Odin the stock mk2 tar.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
As far as I know, nothing in the system partition got changed with saferoot, and I never got around to installing any new recoveries or adding the hotspot mod. The hotspot mod was the real reason i rooted, but got a little concerned/confused after reading about it.If the custom in device status doesn't cause issues, I'll wait to get the OTA and then start reading about the HS mod again to see how to implement in 4.4.2 without tripping knox if possible.

Thanks for the info.
Dennis_H