5,593,587 Members 38,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is Resulting in Failure, Please Help! [Kingo Failure]

Tip us?

jakichan77
Old
(Last edited by jakichan77; 20th February 2014 at 02:02 AM.) Reason: more info necessary
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is Resulting in Failure, Please Help! [Kingo Failure]

After attempting to root with Kingo, all that happens is that it goes through the first few steps, then my phone switches to "connected as media device" and Kingo says "waiting for device" as though it is no longer connected. My Note 3 automatically switches settings and does not allow for me to switch it back.

I know Kingo is frowned upon on XDA, but I know someone on here has to know what they're doing in terms of making it so my phone will just stick in installation mode rather than media device mode.

Thanks, XDA

PS. Please "Note" I am updated to 4.3, but I was under the understanding that Kingo could root a 4.3, MJ7 Note 3.

vash_stanped
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Wrong section to post a question. If you search carefully you will find that mj7 is not "rootable" without tripping knox.

jakichan77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_stanped View Post
Wrong section to post a question. If you search carefully you will find that mj7 is not "rootable" without tripping knox.
Sorry about that :/
Thanks. Is there any way to root it and trip Knox? I'm not extremely worried about it. Root De LA Vega did not work after the OTA, I softbricked my phone. All fixed now, but still looking for a root method.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakichan77 View Post
After attempting to root with Kingo, all that happens is that it goes through the first few steps, then my phone switches to "connected as media device" and Kingo says "waiting for device" as though it is no longer connected. My Note 3 automatically switches settings and does not allow for me to switch it back.

I know Kingo is frowned upon on XDA, but I know someone on here has to know what they're doing in terms of making it so my phone will just stick in installation mode rather than media device mode.

Thanks, XDA

PS. Please "Note" I am updated to 4.3, but I was under the understanding that Kingo could root a 4.3, MJ7 Note 3.

This one is the International Note 3 forum.

You should focus on the specific Verizon Note 3 forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3

Also XDA is not the support service site of kingo.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 480
If you have an international note I'd suggest cf-autoroot... It will trip Knox but its never failed me....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

jakichan77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
If you have an international note I'd suggest cf-autoroot... It will trip Knox but its never failed me....
I own the SM-N900V US variant. I probably should add this to the OP. (according to cf-autoroot, my device is not yet supporrted) Thanks anyhow