Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] kitkat root now wifi n hot spot not work? ?

Tip us?

13jkilgo
Old
(Last edited by 13jkilgo; 20th February 2014 at 03:37 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] kitkat root now wifi n hot spot not work? ?

I updated to kitkat today after I unrooted then I used odin v1.85 n the tar.md5 file for rooting the rooting went fine but everytime I try to kick in wifi or hot spot it says" your phones security has blocked an action..."???
Also my baseband is mk2 n my buildnumber is nae

13jkilgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Little more background info after updating I tried to put the nae hotspot mod into my framework n backed up my old ones by putting .bak n restarted the phone n the hotspot nor wifi worked so I removed the modded ones n put back the stock n tried that still didn't work n then unrooted n tried again n neither of the two work I can use any advice that is given Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2596
Just wondering if you thought about flashing the hotspot mod instead of pushing the files yourself.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

13jkilgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah I did but at this point I just want to get my wifi working even without root cause it's not working currently n I'm unrooted n which number do we look at for the hotspot mod the build number or the other one

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 576
You need to start from scratch, you say you updated to Kit Kat after unrooting?? The reason why your phone isn't working properly is your update didn't complete properly. You have mismatches in your software version and baseband. Did you update with the OTA file or did you install one of the semi custom roms from the development section. Anyway, the wifi problem is probably a mismatch between your baseband and your kernel. Sense your software is NAE and your baseband is MK2 I don't know which hotspot you should use. Straighten out your install first and then you should have working wifi and hotspot.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

13jkilgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well how do I start from scratch to be honest I used the the supersu unroot tool cause mine was stock but rooted but then I hit the install icon in my notification window n it started installing the update n it succeeded n it says I'm on kit kat but software and basband version are on mk2 n my build number is nae ?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13jkilgo View Post
Well how do I start from scratch to be honest I used the the supersu unroot tool cause mine was stock but rooted but then I hit the install icon in my notification window n it started installing the update n it succeeded n it says I'm on kit kat but software and basband version are on mk2 n my build number is nae ?

Then the update failed. You could try to Odin the NAE modem files but that might not fix you. If it was me, I would try to Odin the stock mk2 file and see if it completes. If it fails, then your bootloader was upgraded to NAE and you won't be able to go stock. If it completes, then you should be fully mk2 again and you can try the ota and hopefully it succeeds this time.if it succeeds everything should show NAE.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

13jkilgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
This may sound stupid but we're do I bet the stock mk2 file from I'm new to this

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13jkilgo View Post
This may sound stupid but we're do I bet the stock mk2 file from I'm new to this

"We are do I bet the stock mk2"? I hope you're asking where do you get stock mk2 tar file. If so its in the development section by random45

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

13jkilgo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah that's what I meant but thanks u appreciate it