ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] kitkat root now wifi n hot spot not work? ?

OP 13jkilgo

20th February 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
I updated to kitkat today after I unrooted then I used odin v1.85 n the tar.md5 file for rooting the rooting went fine but everytime I try to kick in wifi or hot spot it says" your phones security has blocked an action..."???
Also my baseband is mk2 n my buildnumber is nae
Last edited by 13jkilgo; 20th February 2014 at 04:37 AM.
20th February 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

35 posts
Little more background info after updating I tried to put the nae hotspot mod into my framework n backed up my old ones by putting .bak n restarted the phone n the hotspot nor wifi worked so I removed the modded ones n put back the stock n tried that still didn't work n then unrooted n tried again n neither of the two work I can use any advice that is given Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,704

8,404 posts
More
Just wondering if you thought about flashing the hotspot mod instead of pushing the files yourself.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

35 posts
Yeah I did but at this point I just want to get my wifi working even without root cause it's not working currently n I'm unrooted n which number do we look at for the hotspot mod the build number or the other one

20th February 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #5  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 591

1,872 posts
More
You need to start from scratch, you say you updated to Kit Kat after unrooting?? The reason why your phone isn't working properly is your update didn't complete properly. You have mismatches in your software version and baseband. Did you update with the OTA file or did you install one of the semi custom roms from the development section. Anyway, the wifi problem is probably a mismatch between your baseband and your kernel. Sense your software is NAE and your baseband is MK2 I don't know which hotspot you should use. Straighten out your install first and then you should have working wifi and hotspot.
20th February 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

35 posts
Well how do I start from scratch to be honest I used the the supersu unroot tool cause mine was stock but rooted but then I hit the install icon in my notification window n it started installing the update n it succeeded n it says I'm on kit kat but software and basband version are on mk2 n my build number is nae ?

20th February 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 591

1,872 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13jkilgo

Well how do I start from scratch to be honest I used the the supersu unroot tool cause mine was stock but rooted but then I hit the install icon in my notification window n it started installing the update n it succeeded n it says I'm on kit kat but software and basband version are on mk2 n my build number is nae ?

Then the update failed. You could try to Odin the NAE modem files but that might not fix you. If it was me, I would try to Odin the stock mk2 file and see if it completes. If it fails, then your bootloader was upgraded to NAE and you won't be able to go stock. If it completes, then you should be fully mk2 again and you can try the ota and hopefully it succeeds this time.if it succeeds everything should show NAE.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

35 posts
This may sound stupid but we're do I bet the stock mk2 file from I'm new to this

20th February 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,704

8,404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13jkilgo

This may sound stupid but we're do I bet the stock mk2 file from I'm new to this

"We are do I bet the stock mk2"? I hope you're asking where do you get stock mk2 tar file. If so its in the development section by random45

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

35 posts
Yeah that's what I meant but thanks u appreciate it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread